Intro

-

highwaystar50

Reaction score
Even though I’ve been on this site for two plus years, it occurred to me the other day that I hadn’t done one of these introductions. I bought my 67 Barracuda in 1969 when it had about 20K miles on it and right before I took an all-expense paid vacation to SE Asia courtesy of Uncle Sam. Needless to say, I didn’t put too many miles on it for two or three years but my father did. It now has about 141K miles on it even though it’s been parked in my garage since 1986. In the 13 or so years leading up to ’86 I drove the car from coast to coast and did a lot of work on it – some that it didn’t need. I wish I’d left it stock but I learned a lot about the car and A bodies in particular. Now I am trying to decide what to bring it back to life as – back to stock or slightly warmed over. The original HP 273 blew up in 1977 and it has a 318 in it now although it’s apart while I decide what to do. That turbo project in the “who wants a mopar turbo kit” looks interesting if I decide “warmed over” and it would save me from having to find another 273. Decisions, decisions. I’ll try and take some pictures the next time I’m at the property where the car is though it’s in about a hundred pieces. Maybe it would be more interesting if I took pictures of the actual rebuild process instead.

-
Back