introducing my blunderbuss

-

Andyzell

Reaction score
my blunderbuss kit arrived yesterday and after some sanding,fitting and two coats of varnish it is assembled.:glasses7:
902916_584366464915675_1039279365_o.jpg

885376_584366498249005_1512703861_o.jpg

Cool, now I know where to send all those sharp leftover metal shards ........... :-D

Congrats on the new toy! Get some video if you can -- I'd love to see it in action.

Andyzell, school me on how you load and shoot it, will ya? If you don't mind, please tell me all the steps involved in loading and firing it.

I find your rifle very interesting, but I guess I am pretty dumb when it comes to old-style firearms.

What kind of ammo does it use; a lead ball? Do you have to ram powder and padding into it like an old musket? Where do you get the ammo, etc.?

Thanks in advance. Signed, curious as hell oldtimer.

What kind of ammo does it use; a lead ball? Do you have to ram powder and padding into it like an old musket? Where do you get the ammo, etc.?

Im not an expert but this is my understanding....

Put in a powder charge and load it with whatever you want, rocks, glass, nails, a hamster.....

I hear these things are deadly accurate at 1000 yards. :tongue3:

Andyzell, school me on how you load and shoot it, will ya? If you don't mind, please tell me all the steps involved in loading and firing it.

I find your rifle very interesting, but I guess I am pretty dumb when it comes to old-style firearms.

Thanks in advance. Signed, curious as hell oldtimer.

ok loading, you pour the correct amount of powder down the muzzle followed
by a patch then you ram your projectile down till seated firmly. doing this all at half **** then you put your little copper primer on the nipple pull it back to
full **** aim and fire. on this you can use round balls and you can get conicle
bullets for it. this one is only .54 cal so if you want to put anything else in it it
has to be small and be formed to the correct size with wax. im going to be
making wax slugs with different things in them such as small nails and glass.

try filling the conical area in the back of the slug that creates the seal when fired with a mixture of 10 % powder mixed in with 90 % beeswax , this will give you a `tracer`round , the powder will slow burn in the wax and leave a smokey trail behind the projectile . Don`t reverse the mix it just creates a big fireball at the muzzle:-\"

oh i knew you guys have guns up there, but from reading. their is no way to legally shoot anyone thats trying to cause harm to ya. :wack:

sure there is , and a hole lot more back 40 to dump the bodies , welcome to the great white north the second largest country by land mass in the world with one of the lowest population densities in the world .

-
Back