Is all this needed

-

martin53

martin53
Reaction score
I bought a 77 dodge Aspen as a parts car and looking at the engine it has tons of exra stuff on the engine. Can I disconnect all the exhaust plumbing and extra vacuum lines

Attachments

• IMG_20150810_193244635.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20150810_194011790.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 210
Brass pipe plugs from any hardware store should do the trick if my memory serves me correct. ( some times it does , and other times not so so much )

How do I block the pieces that come off the back of the exhaust manifolds

I may get kicked for this :glasses7: I have cut them and bent them over and squeezed with a good set of vise grips :coffee2: yes they held and never leaked on my 318 dodge truck :glasses7:

I may get kicked for this :glasses7: I have cut them and bent them over and squeezed with a good set of vise grips :coffee2: yes they held and never leaked on my 318 dodge truck :glasses7:

I have done that too on engines that I didn't care how it looked. :D Shhhh

"Can I disconnect all the exhaust plumbing and extra vacuum lines" Uncle Sam says NO! but I say Yes!

Thanks guys. Anyone have pictures of a 318 similar to this without all the hoses and vacuum lines

Is this a lean burn equipped car with the computer on the air cleaner housing? If so there is no advance in the distributor. EGR equipped vehicles are set up to run leaner with the EGR input to the manifold. When eliminating these systems it is very important to monitor fuel mixture and timing or you can have a melt down. An earlier model carb and distributor would be a big improvement.

-
Back