Is bigger better ?

-
good, now you can see what I'm talking about, it's not as bad as it seems.
actually they fit pretty good and the price is right.

I will not lie, there was a minute there when I was about ready to just sell the headers, and save my pennies for something that fit better ha ha ha.

Now that I’ve got the motor sitting down, and I can see what needs to be done to make them fit, totally worth it. I know I will have to raise the motor, and adjust the headers ,five or six more times before I’m “done” but that’s nothing compared to how many times I’ve had it up due to the Schumacher conversion. Their template is undersized, I ended up having to redrill the kmember and cut on it some more after painting it.

If I had to do this all over I would have gone with a motor plate or done the DC k member mod.

Cool. Looks like you figured it out. I cannot tell. Is this a B or an RB engine?

You have to set the engine in FIRST. Then, you lift the engine and manipulate the headers in place.
I did, I wasn’t able to get them snaked in that way. You have to lift the motor half way, tilt it as far as you can and shove the headers into any open space you can find, and slowly lower the motor while you manipulate each header an inch at a time, all while leveling the motor and pushing it rearwards. Total bastard step child, and I’m gonna have to do it a few more times, but now that I know how to do it, it’s nothing more than a sequence.

-
Back