Is Bigger Better?

-

hemidreamer

Reaction score
Ready to buy a radiator for my '68 hemi dart, about 620 hp. stick. It would just seem that a 26-inch would cool better than a 22-inch. If true, how dificult would it be to open up the core support to fit the 26-inch. Is this a common way to go? Or maybe get a 26-inch core support (say B body) and fit it into the dart?

The ladies say bigger is better! OH, wait a miniute that not for a radiator.

Personally I would go with a 3 core or 4 core HD radiator that is a 22 inch. I don't know if a 4 core is even available but I am sure about a 3 core.
If cooling is still a problem add an electric fan to cool it.

Oh Leanna, you can chime in anytime.

Personally I'd stick with the 22" 3 core but go aluminum with 1 big pusher or puller electric fan and high volume water pump and (this is important) a high volume thermostat.

Terry

Thanks, it sounds like the 22" aluminum 3-core is what your saying. Looking at an aluminum Mark 7 Radiator, a little pricey but I like the original-type look. These have duel 1.25-inch cores and they claim it will cool up to 750 hp? On a 100-degree day. I wonder.

Ron

Check out Speedway Motors too. Got a really nice crossflow triple core a few years back for a couple hundred bucks.

And Terry, I've been told it's not the size that matters. It's how you use it. :-D

-
Back