Is it a posi 8 3/4?

-

Man-on-wheels

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I know that on any rear end if you turn one tire and the other one turns the same way then it's a posi. What I don't remember is if it matters whether or not the drive shaft is installed. I'm just trying to find out if the 8 3/4 in the Dart we bought is a posi. It took just barely over 3.5 turns of the pinion yoke to make one full revolution of the tire so I'm guessing it's a 3.55/1 gear ratio, I was glad to see that, that should be a pretty decent all around gear ratio. Anyways, thanks in advance for any information! I hope that everyone has a great day!

OOPS your going to catch hell for calling a mopar a posi, here in sacred land they call it a sure grip. But same thing really. GM and Ford are called Posi trac units. You dont need the drive shaft on in order to do this. but 2 people are recommended to check it.

-- What I don't remember is if it matters whether or not the drive shaft is installed. --
-- It should not matter. - I assume that the yoke is attached to the pinion gear, on the rear. That doesn't really matter either.

I believe it was an Eaton tru track. As far as i know Ford was posi. i had a 9" in my camaro for ever, went from a posi to a spool.

-
Back