is it just me?

-
:burnout:
I used to have my underwear in a knot about this but these guys ( and ) with different tasts are just as passionate about their cars as we are whether it is a Ricer or a Brother with 20's on his Le Sabre. The late model Challenger owners are all about their cars and they do-dad them up to make them different. No different than we are. I'm not a big fan of the Hispanice and their wild paint and small wheels and hydraulics but that croud is very passionate about their builds. tmm

I agree completely with the passion on all different kinds of makes of cars and even motorcycles and the such. I guess It's just weird going to car shows that have been traditionally muscle car era shows and seeing brand new cars there with their hood up like there's something we weren't expecting to see that we wouldn't see at the dealership just down the street. I myself haven't entered one of my cars in a car show in more than 10 years because I find it completely boring to sit there all day. I now prefer to show up in one of my muscle car era show cars and just park it outside the show a little bit, walk around look at the cars and come back to see a big crowd standing around it. I really don't need any trophies. But I do like to show all my hard work from time to time and have it appreciated. I do understand people have worked hard to build their respective credit up to be able to put one of those new cars on payments, but somehow I just don't feel it the same.

I agree with a lot of things in this post and disagree with a few.

Yes - if you are going to a show it most likely benefits a good cause.
I like to go and have a good time... knowing I'm NOT going to get a trophy
Just today a 2015 plain Jane Camaro just "beat" me for a trophy. Yeah right
Yes - It's guys who can afford to "buy" cars and the can't/don't have the ability to
"wrench" on cars any more.
YES YES - I started to get into racing more cause car shows are stale and let the new
cars take the trophies... I KNOW my car is faster!!

I just try to support the cause, treat it as a fundraiser and the shows that are good/large enough have a "place" for late model stuff.
Like it or not late model does keep some events going strong for the hobby in general

This is why i am selling my street car and going back nostalgia drag racing.... no bones about it good people and fun..
I'm totally there now! But I do browse some of the car shows to show my interest and appreciation for them from time to time. We must keep the young interested and support these events.

-
Back