Is it safe....

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
to go ahead and install my TTI headers? I have broke in the 360 with the old headers and have about 40-45 minutes on the motor idling. I can't drive it yet because I got some other things I am working on. I have notice that it takes a little longer for the motor to reach 185* after I crank it up.

What type of cam is in it? Roller etc? Rollers dont need the break in period that other cams do. I've always used the 2000 rpm for 20 minutes rule to break one in. I would assume that as long as you've gotten it up to operating temp you should be fine to put the TTI's on.

Mike

What type of cam is in it? Roller etc? Rollers dont need the break in period that other cams do. I've always used the 2000 rpm for 20 minutes rule to break one in. I would assume that as long as you've gotten it up to operating temp you should be fine to put the TTI's on.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I was just wondering because I never had any ceramic coated headers and just don't to mess them up. I thought maybe I need to get it drivable and put some miles on the motor first before I switch them out.

I'm not looking forward to the switch out because it isn't fun at all with a four speed transmission and a Lakewood (I think) scatter shield. I looked at my Hooker header and then the TTI and notice there is really difference in the passenger side header far as shape of the tubes. No the driver side is totally different.

-
Back