is it worth the work

-

bama-a-body

Reaction score
I just rescently aquired an 83/4 rear out of an 69 or 70 coronet or charger either way its a b-body rear heres the kicker its narrowed to these specs.
Flange to Flange 39.250" app. kinda hard to bend tape measure around rear leafs lol
spring center to spring center 32.000"
Now for the tricky part I have a 73 dart swinger with what i beleive to be the stock 81/4 rear measurements are
Flange to flange 51.400"
spring center to spring center 43.020"
the difference between the two should create a 6.000" app. gain in tub space am i correct in this way of thought???????
OR IS THAT JUST PLAIN OVER KILL???????

Don't know if that will work very well unless you mini tub your car. I would think that would need some odball offset that you may not be able to find. You need to find out what kind of rim off set you would need and see if they make a wheel that would work for that combo.

thats what i was afraid of oh well another vehicle in the yard my wifes gona be so happy....lol

Buy your wheels and then have the housing cut to what you need. Cheaper than the other way around (custom backspacing).

should work fine with about 10 inches of backspace like deep dish welds

That's an awful short rear end. It might be about 43-44" total drum to drum.

Spring perches on relocation box a bodies are usually about 35.5-36" center to center. You'll be mounting the perch outer side radius on your housing end more likely than not.

The wheel will be super deep on the dish, that's for sure with almost no tire bulge at all.

total over all length outside to outside is 47.250 and i was thinking maybe i could use a standard deep dish like 10" wide rim and set it all under the car????? i think??? the frame mite have to be moved at the top so the tires dont hit? but then again the rear did come in a 62 dodge truck.

-
Back