Is jegs slipping

-

Mysons68dart

Reaction score
I ordered and received my 4 link kit from jegs a couple of weeks ago, 1st complaint , the shipping box was ripped which i know ( since i work for i guess ill just say it UPS ) is not all the shippers fault But if you don't package the parts correctly and tight the parts will fly around inside the Box and break the Box open so I'm saying that jegs is partly to blame for it. So after opening the Box I found the 4 left hand threaded rod end Containers not stapled together and open I was missing 3 left hand nuts when I walked out of the garage to find out if the fedex guy had left yet I found one of the nuts on the grass which fell out of the hole that was in the Box. 2nd complaint The Welled in nuts or bungs were .006 over 1 inch and the Chrome Molly Tubes were a little under 1" so after drilling the tubes and grinding with My die grinder to make all the bungs fit in both ends of the tubes I wasn't real happy probably would have been more unhappy if I didn't have all the equipment to take care of this myself which by the way I should Not have had to so after calling Jegs and pressing the lady on the phone to Find out about their quality control she said she would talk to the people in the back and see what they think about it after pressing her Some more she did tell me that They do farm out a lot of that work and not make it here in the States like they use too and I'm assuming it's from China. And she told me she would give me a $20 gift certificate for my trouble which by the way I've never seen. So my question to you guys out there is who do you all use to buy your new stuff from is it jegs summit Speedway motors or somewhere else. Thanks for reading looking forward to reading your thoughts.

50 year old car and aftermarket parts? Ill bet that Mancini and Summit are the same. Gotta do whatcha gotta do
C'est la vie.

I ordered and received my 4 link kit from jegs a couple of weeks ago, 1st complaint , the shipping box was ripped which i know ( since i work for i guess ill just say it UPS ) is not all the shippers fault But if you don't package the parts correctly and tight the parts will fly around inside the Box and break the Box open so I'm saying that jegs is partly to blame for it. So after opening the Box I found the 4 left hand threaded rod end Containers not stapled together and open I was missing 3 left hand nuts when I walked out of the garage to find out if the fedex guy had left yet I found one of the nuts on the grass which fell out of the hole that was in the Box. 2nd complaint The Welled in nuts or bungs were .006 over 1 inch and the Chrome Molly Tubes were a little under 1" so after drilling the tubes and grinding with My die grinder to make all the bungs fit in both ends of the tubes I wasn't real happy probably would have been more unhappy if I didn't have all the equipment to take care of this myself which by the way I should Not have had to so after calling Jegs and pressing the lady on the phone to Find out about their quality control she said she would talk to the people in the back and see what they think about it after pressing her Some more she did tell me that They do farm out a lot of that work and not make it here in the States like they use too and I'm assuming it's from China. And she told me she would give me a $20 gift certificate for my trouble which by the way I've never seen. So my question to you guys out there is who do you all use to buy your new stuff from is it jegs summit Speedway motors or somewhere else. Thanks for reading looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Sounds like the packer and the maker of said parts are at fault. Much like buying aftermarket anything and finding all fasteners are metric. I dispise having metric stuff on my 51 yr old barracuda !!

I stopped using jegs after I recieved 1 axle . The ad said "Moser Axles" !
Apperently the addition of an S to a word means something different in Jegsland ?

Last edited:
I stopped using jegs after I recieved 1 axle . The ad said "Moser Axles" !
Apperently the addition of an S to a word means something different in Jegsland ?
Yeah when I 1st started this build a while ago long while ago I bought a double roller village timing chain set from them their brand hope I don't get in trouble for that 1

I use Amazon prime for a lot of stuff. Sometimes it cheaper and if I need less than 100$ I get free shipping. Sometimes it comes from Summit anyways.

I use Amazon prime for a lot of stuff. Sometimes it cheaper and if I need less than 100$ I get free shipping. Sometimes it comes from Summit anyways.
I actually do that to just bought my MP clutch kit for my sure grip it was a little more expensive but I think that's because it was MP compare to doctor diff. I have also bought from summit but I have a hard time navigating their website I don't know something I'm not doing right I guess.

I also use Amazon for misc pieces. And Summit/Jegs for some of the bigger ticket items. No problems with any of them so far.

I have had no problems with Jegs or Summit so far . I have had no problems with any U.S. company's I have delt with :thumbsup: .

I've always liked Summit, never had a problem except some bolts I ordered on my last order was put on backorder, then they notified me and said they were no longer available. I'll always use them they are courteous and I've always received my parts in 3 days.

I've always liked Summit, never had a problem except some bolts I ordered on my last order was put on backorder, then they notified me and said they were no longer available. I'll always use them they are courteous and I've always received my parts in 3 days.
I may have sounded bitter against Jegs and summit, but I have had pretty good service from them for 4 diff. builds.
I just hate metric stuff on my older car !

I may have sounded bitter against Jegs and summit, but I have had pretty good service from them for 4 diff. builds.
I just hate metric stuff on my older car !
I agree, i bought a new tuff wheel and the screws that hold the horn switch on are metric. I'm thinking about tapping them to sae. It bothers me to use the metric just don't seem right on the good old sae stuff.

I agree, i bought a new tuff wheel and the screws that hold the horn switch on are metric. I'm thinking about tapping them to sae. It bothers me to use the metric just don't seem right on the good old sae stuff.

I gave up and just use the dam stuff!

I've used speedway many times and always got what i ordered packed as it should be when I've dealt with customer service was very nice even though the issues were my fault, they fixed the issues with a smile!!

For a 4-link kit : S&W Race Cars
Well I almost went with the rhodes race car for link system but for the money jegs had a lot better deal I would have had to buy a complete set of rod ends if I bought the rhodes. I could have pieced it out bought the Chrome Molly tubing from online Metals and Would not of even had to pay for shipping cause they're right up the street but that would have been even more money . It wasn't that big of a deal fixing it and making it work always been a hands on guy done all my own work I guess if you're looking for a deal you get what you pay for.

I've used Jegs a scarce few times, but Summit is my go to unless I can find it cheaper. Summit has fantastic customer service. Every time I've talked to Jegs on the phone, it's like they want to get me off the phone as soon as possible. Like they'd rather be doing anything else than helping people. It's just not the same.

another vote for summit , excellent all around including shipping and refunds. I despise trying to navigate jegs website

I get most everything from Summit, Mancini or Hughes. I’ve used speedway for my qa1 stuff. Jegs is a pain in the balls to navigate the site. The last two Jegs brand things I got were definitely on par with Harbor Garbage. Crank over engine stand I had to hog out the holes with a die grinder to get it to stand up and there is significant play within the gears, like driving an old chevy that you can turn the wheel a quarter turn each way and nothing happens. And the Jegs brand rolling tool box seat had similar alignment issues with the bolt holes. Definitely not beating their door down for anything anytime soon.

I've only called Jegs with questions and asked for pricing. They were not to nice and they were almost 50 bucks more expensive than summit. They wouldn't match summits price.
Call summit and always get good service. I have only had one problem in 20 yrs and they shipped the wrong bushing out, they couldn't find it alone so shipped a whole kit for free. They always match, or beat prices and offer a military or racer discount that they don't advertise. Usually 10%.

-
Back