Is my rearend bent?

-
Is the wear on both tires? What kind of tire is it a slick or dot slick and what kind of tire pressure are you running? What kind of footprint dose it leave?

Try this if you can. Jack up the back end. Pull off the tires. With the help
of a buddy. Take 2 flat bars on the axle ends, long enough to take measurments above and below the axle. Take a tape measure to check to
see if one is shorter than the other. Good luck, Brian.

Does it roll easy ? do the axles need persuading? AND if it is bent...it can be straightened and then have a brace added

I broke an axle at the last race , so I may have the housing sent out to see if it is bent.
The car has about 2300 pass's on these 30 spline axles so I guess it's over do.I run a 500 hp 440 auto with a trans brake.While it's down for the winter I plan on putting caltracs,slit monoleafs,tire's ,drag shocks,u-joints and brakes. I think that may help the cars preformance a bit. Once again thanks for all your help. I'm new to racing so i need all the help I can get.

Usually if the housing is bent, you break the carrier... This usually happens when you use a link set up, and the links are way in board of the tire and give the tires leverage to push the ends forward.

I know 1st hand, i did it too, many years ago.

Keep the mounting points as close to the tire as possible/bearing housing ends and you won't need a brace and you won't have the tires leveraging against the tubes and ever so slightly bending the axle housing forward

-
Back