Is rebuilding 65 Valiant 200 going to be expensive?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I really need to rebuild the front suspension on my 65 Valiant 200. It's the basic suspension. No factory sway bar. I was just going to replace all balljoints, all control arm bushings, bump stops, and strut rod bushings. I replaced the shocks last year. I did the whole suspension on my 73 Charger and swore I would never do another like it again. It's too much to do in a home garage and especially outside on the ground or under a carport like where my Valiant is located. So I plan on taking it to a shop that specializes in classics and especially Mopars. They let me bring my own parts. I was just going to use replacement rubber bushings because it's a stock 170 Slant Six 4 door and not planning on upgrading the power. It has the factory 9 inch drum brakes all the way around that I completely rebuilt last year. Every piece of it except the emergency brake cable that still work good. So do you think it will be in the $400-$500 range to redo the whole suspension or even higher?

If you did it yourself you be looking at a little more than half of that, but you never know with the typical "classic car" shops they might take you for about that if not a bit more.

Jake

-
Back