Is the mopar right angle filter adapter really 90 degrees?

-

Seank

Reaction score
Ok everyone here is my problem. 68 cuda, 360, TTI exhaust, 73+ k member. Scored a 340 passenger side manifold to go with my 340 drivers so I can now ditch my custom passenger side pipe and use the TTI one I got in their kit. Well I have to use a 90 degree adaptor. As I threw my old one out long ago I had one from a late model dodge truck or whatever and its about a 75 – 80 degree adaptor. With it mounted I can’t get the filter on as it hits the frame or exhaust pipe / torsion bar. That was a PH8, FL1 long style. I got a PH16 style (51068 wix, FL300) which is shorter and that doesn’t fit either. I know I can run a 51085 which is shorter than that but the real question is, before I start looking around, is the mopar 90 degree filter adapter really 90degrees? If so the filters will fit.

Thanks
Sean

I need to clarify somewhat. Check out this website:

http://www.moparfins.com/clairdavis/340ofa.htm

He compares the MP unit to the cast iron one and it sure looks like that MP unit is not 90 degrees filter mounting "face" to block "face" and I think that iron looks more like a 90. I e-mailed that guy Clair Davis for a clarification.
My problem is that with that less than 90 degree tilt the filter hits the frame / exhaust or torsion bar....thinking I need an iron unit or a real short filter. I need the filter to be 90 degrees / parallel to the frame or I am screwed.
I am running all stock mopar 68 stuff, only difference is the late model K member I am using.
Sean

Thanks for the link! Stock 90 degree adapters are easy to come buy, post a "wanted" ad on this site, someone has one! Also check out ebay, lots there too. Keith.

i got one for sale if you need it. its an original cast iron style. i even have an mp gasket kit to go with it. pm me if you want it.

-
Back