[Found!] Is there a 64 cuda dash pad in excellent cond that still exists if so I want it BAD!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who redoes them for $400 dollars
I know of Just Dashes, don't quote me on the $400, I just remember getting a quote and it was high, but the work is supposedly excellent. I will sort through my emails if I can find the exact quote. Try and google justdashes.com

I called Just Dashes and the person on the phone told me $1000.00 to start and my dash was perfect except for the corners had a small crack. He said they strip every dash to metal and start from the foundation. No screwing around.

I took mine to an a upholster who got factory color and grain and bleached the pad (kill bacteria ) and then glued the new cover on like the factory did. Mine was $400.00 it came out really nice but again I had a good unit to start with. I know you said your was shot.
Good luck,
Joe

I called Just Dashes and the person on the phone told me $1000.00 to start and my dash was perfect except for the corners had a small crack. He said they strip every dash to metal and start from the foundation. No screwing around.

I took mine to an a upholster who got factory color and grain and bleached the pad (kill bacteria ) and then glued the new cover on like the factory did. Mine was $400.00 it came out really nice but again I had a good unit to start with. I know you said your was shot.
Good luck,
Joe
Hi Joe, thanks for sharing the quote and sharing your redo method. 400.00 is probably about right for that amount of work. Let me know if you have heard any success stories of someone using the Plastic Cap offered on Ebay for approx 100.00.
Best,
Rob

Are we talking about that real thin factory pad held on to the very top of the dash by four or five nuts? I just paid $30.00 ($500 pesos) to have my dash pad redone ('65 Formula S). I had the upholster guy help me strip the padding from the little metal framework. I took the frame home, removed the rust, and painted it. Took it back to the upholstery shop and the guy slapped on some foam, new fabric, and glued it all up. Looks just like the factory piece now (which one almost has to use his imagination to call it "padded". I guess compared to the bare metal dash it is "padded").

Seems me like a pre-schooler could do it in his sleep, there is really nothing to it. (I could have the entire car upholstered here for $400.00). The finished restored pad is in storage, so the fotos just show my prep work.

DSC04263.JPG

DSC04483.JPG

DSC04489.JPG

DSC04490.JPG

Are we talking about that real thin factory pad held on to the very top of the dash by four or five nuts? I just paid $30.00 ($500 pesos) to have my dash pad redone ('65 Formula S). I had the upholster guy help me strip the padding from the little metal framework. I took the frame home, removed the rust, and painted it. Took it back to the upholstery shop and the guy slapped on some foam, new fabric, and glued it all up. Looks just like the factory piece now (which one almost has to use his imagination to call it "padded". I guess compared to the bare metal dash it is "padded").

Seems me like a pre-schooler could do it in his sleep, there is really nothing to it. (I could have the entire car upholstered here for $400.00). The finished restored pad is in storage, so the fotos just show my prep work.

View attachment 1715178800

View attachment 1715178801

View attachment 1715178802

View attachment 1715178803
Looks fantastic, well done! I have to admit, I'm not a preschooler and I'd still "screw it up". Let me know if you'd be interested in me shipping it to you and getting mine redone with your contact, I would pay you fee for getting it done, what do you think? Never know, maybe you could start a side business, LOL

Hi Joe, thanks for sharing the quote and sharing your redo method. 400.00 is probably about right for that amount of work. Let me know if you have heard any success stories of someone using the Plastic Cap offered on Ebay for approx 100.00.
Best,
Rob
I originally used the plastic cap methods on the car a few years ago. You use silicon to attach the “cover”- and it only looks semi okay if you look thru the windshield on to the front of the day. The plastic was a little short and you can see the seam. Also the ends were short as well. If I can get it out of the car storage locker I will shoot you a picture for you to decide. A great alternative to the expensive repairs AND no taking the whole dash apart to get the pad off.

Joe

I originally used the plastic cap methods on the car a few years ago. You use silicon to attach the “cover”- and it only looks semi okay if you look thru the windshield on to the front of the day. The plastic was a little short and you can see the seam. Also the ends were short as well. If I can get it out of the car storage locker I will shoot you a picture for you to decide. A great alternative to the expensive repairs AND no taking the whole dash apart to get the pad off.

Joe
Thanks Joe! Would appreciate a photo, was wanting to do this but concerned about the final appearance.

Dang any one else have a nice one like the black one? I need to get a good one to take a mold from so I can start making replacement pads for the Plymouths. I already have good Dart one that I'll be casting a mold from this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back