Is there a difference in 68/69 Dart dash pads?

-

jeryst

Reaction score
I picked up a Dart dash pad at a small swap meet last weekend. The guy told me it was from a 69 Dart. When I took the one out of my 68 Dart, I noticed that the bottoms of the ends are different. The dash pad that I took out has a wide V shape where it connects to the lower dash pad. The one that I bought has a very narrow V, and it doesnt mate up to my lower dash pad very well. Other than the ends, it fits fine. I also noticed that my old one has a much more defined corner or edge running around the front of it, whereas the new one is more rounded.

Is there a difference between the 68 & 69 Dart dash pads, or is it perhaps from another year?

68 was a one year only two piece and that is why you see the V shape where they meet on the sides of the dash. 69 and other years was a top only.

If they are like the cudas then they are different. 68's are 3 pieces, 1 top and 2 lwr pieces. The 69 is only a 1 piece, it has finished ends because it doesnt meet up with other pieces. the 69 top will fit, but the 68 bottoms wont match up proplerly. Hope this helps

4spdragtop

Ok. That explains it. I thought they were all the same. I didnt realize that the 68 was different.

What about the 67? Was it different too?

As mentioned above the 68 is a one year only, the 68 Cuda and 68 Dart do share the same dash pad though.

The 67 was also a one year only.

-
Back