is there a fusable link

-
ohm out the sending unit to see if it is open should be at least 73 ohms cold.

will check this a little later today. I am going to get a tap so I can cut the threads where it goes in. It went in a little hard yesterday and I may have damaged it putting it in . will let you know.

will check this a little later today. I am going to get a tap so I can cut the threads where it goes in. It went in a little hard yesterday and I may have damaged it putting it in . will let you know.

Ok, I think this temperature sending unit is fixed. I had a sending unit come in the gauges I bought and tried it and it didn't work. I also stopped and bought 2 new ones only this time I bought a different brand. I was buying the WT762 made by BWD. This time I bought the TS17 made by Standard. I checked the ohms before I started the car and it was up about 148. As the car warmed up it dropped to about 38 when I had to shut it off. I noticed the temperature gauge in the cluster was rising to almost normal at that time. I had to shut it down because I don't have a fan blade on it right now. I bought a 16" from Tony in order to get one inside the fan shroud I put on. That fan should be here today or tomorrow. I will paint it, clear it and then run this to see what the temp does. My set of 3 Bosch gauges came in today so I believe I am going to install them also as a backup so I can keep an eye on this temperature. It is hard to believe that in todays market you have to go through 4 sending units before you get one that works.Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions on this. I will keep you updated when I get my fan blade on. Bill

Good to hear it is fixed. I have never had a issue with standard or blue streak parts.

ohm out the sending unit to see if it is open should be at least 73 ohms cold.

ok, here is where I am at at this point. going nuts again. I found a good sending unit and out it in and hooked it up to the gauge that is in the instrument cluster. It seems fine so far because when I turn on the key, it doesn't peg the needle. Will not be able to run the car until later tonight because I had to get a new fan in so I cannot run the car. BUT, I also bought a triple set of gauges from Bosch and put them in the car. I put a new sending unit in on top of the water pump housing so I can monitor 2 sets of temp gauges at the same time. I hooked up the gauge and when I turn the key on, the temp gauge automatically raises to 150* and the car hasn't ran to get hot. It doesn't peg to the right but it jumps up to 150*. So, does that mean I have a bad gauge. I ran all new wire and have a new sending unit. I can hook that wire up to the other sending unit that I know is good and it does the same thing.

-
Back