Is there a list of all the Mopar stock steel wheels anywhere?

-

valianator

Reaction score
Something I've never seen, but would be handy, is a list of all the steelies that came on torsion-bar era Mopes. The Rallyes and Magnums have been pretty well covered by the magazines over the years- I'm talkin' about the standard steelies intended for hubcaps or wheelcovers.

I know SBP A body wheels came in 13x4.5, 14x4.5, and 14x5.5 inch sizes. Any others?

How many widths did BBP 14 inchers come in?

All A body wheels use the smaller (9" IIRC) dog dish hubcaps. B and C bodies started off using larger (9.75" IIRC) dog dishes until '66 or '67. Was there ever a 15" wheel that took the larger caps? how 'bout on pick ups?

I've seen pics of 60s C body police cars with what looks like 15" steelies and plain "baby moon" style caps but I can only remember ever seeing one car in the metal with 'em.

Then there are the rare and pricey 15x7 steelies that came on Hemi and 6pack cars and such, not to be confused with the same-sized but slightly different 15x7s that came on C bodies and 'Dobas with deep dish wheel covers in the '70s and then on M bodies in the '80s. IIRC the rare early wheels used the same centers as 14 inchers but with a thicker hoop; while the 70s-80s wheels used a bigger center and a thinner hoop, right?

Then there were the 15x8 inch truck wheels and 6-slot cop car and Super Coupe wheels...:-?

We need a magazine article (or a book?) on this with pics and part numbers.

Sounds like a job for E-booger:D

Dodge diplomats have 15x6.5 steel wheels. The later full sized c body cars had 15x5 (I think)

Get you a Hollander Interchange that covers your years of interest. Mine have wheel pictures and most wheel cover pictures along with interchange applications.

-
Back