Is there any aftermarket 70-72 Dart grilles? Or anything else that would work?

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
I have noticed that most grilles are either damaged or WAAAAAY too spendy for reality...
When I was a kid (15 or so years ago) we could find full perfect grilles with ease in Northern Idaho/ Eastern Washington. But, now that I live in Oklahoma, and now that it is present day, I am having a hard time of it.

Is there any other options? Like aftermarket or maybe even "billet" grilles for 70-72 Darts?

The 46 year old Dart grilles are getting rarer and looking shabbier... Is there no other option?

I just made a mesh grille for my Duster, I'll try to get you some pictures. I just cut out all the plastic internals and made a stainless mesh insert for the frame.

The original grilles aren't that difficult to restore. Time consuming and tedious to restore, yes, but if you get one that's not completely thrashed they can be refinished. Anything cracked or broken can be epoxied, then the paint sanded down and repainted. I refinished the one for my Duster/ Demon tribute car, and even painted it a little bit darker metallic to fit my tastes. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've purchased a few 70/71 grilles for $150-$250 that were in more than decent enough condition to go back in after a little refinishing. I don't know of any aftermarket grilles for the 70-72 Dart's, but if there were I would imagine that they wouldn't be under a few hundred bucks. The E-body grilles that are re-popped are like $1k.

IMG_2058_zps1bfwsaaw.jpg

Last edited:
Decent ones come up every so often on here...ever try putting an ad in on the wanted section with what you want?

Yeah, but it's like $750...methinks that might be a touch out of the OP's desired price range

OOPs , I missed that price. You would never know I just had my vision checked yesterday.
Yote

OOPs , I missed that price. You would never know I just had my vision checked yesterday.
Yote
Yeah, that was kinda the one that got me going... 800? Shoot... I gave a PERFECT one to my buddy for free a decade ago...

They're just plastic too: One errant bird and its broke.

Was hoping someone would have come out with metal billet or something...

LOL no worries on the vision check--I saw the same ad and when I read it I figured that's gotta be the WAAAAAY too spendy part.

It would be nice for someone to come up with just a plain black as molded one-the buyer can paint it as they desire-for less than a frikkin house payment. The only ones I've seen aftermarket are the sharktooth Duster grilles.

-
Back