Is there any interest in 64 Chrysler 300?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
2 years ago when I bought the 67 dart hardtop they told me about another car on a different farm. But they would never tell me where it was.

yesterday I went to see a car that had a push button trans and that was about all they could tell me. they thought it was a chrysler.

before going out to look at it she told me it had red & blue in the grill. That made me think either a Chrysler 300 or a Sport Fury. I had thoughts of finding a LETTER 300 with a dual quad big block 413 or 426

Well it was a 1964 Chrysler 300 (non letter car) It has been sitting in this barn yard for many years. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA. really didn't plan on going looking at a car, just tried to get the title to the 67 dart I bought.

I don't have any interest in the car, but does anyone want 64 Chryslers? It is a 2 door hardtop and all the glass looked good. Most all the trim was in good condition (and it has a LOT OF TRIM) It does not appear to have been wrecked, but it was in a barn that fell on it. It dented the top and the trunk lid.

From what I seen, it is straight, but my guess the floors will be gone since it is sitting all the way down on the frame

The interior frames are there, the seat covers are gone, bucket front with buddy seat

Now she wants to sell the car and I told her I would try and see what it might be worth and if there would be much interest in it.

The drivetrain is all there, but the aircleaner is missing and the hood open at the hinges due to rust and the hinges pulled out. So i would say the engine might not be able to be used. It also is a 2 barrel engine and I believe should be a 4 barrel. One hubcap missing

So do you think it would be worth anything? Would the trim, glass, seat frames off a 64 Chrysler sell?

I'll try and get some pictures of it.

It is located just east of Indianapolis, Indiana

64' 300's would be in my opinion the "black sheep" of the 300 family of cars. I always thought of these cars as boxy Imperial styled cars. I love Chrysler 300's but my favorite is the 1962 300 Letter car. Probably in my opinion one of the most beautiful Chrysler cars ever built.

hooters_1.jpg

a7eb_1.jpg

60d7_1.jpg

took these today

64300.jpg

64300a.jpg

64300b.jpg

64300c.jpg

64300e.jpg

64300f.jpg

64300g.jpg

64300h.jpg

The windows are really dirty and the door didn't want to open. I could see where some animals have been in the car.

Really there is a lot of good trim, not so sure of anything else. The plate on it is from 1980. So my guess it was parked in the barn around then. Since then the barn fell on it and is gone. You can see in the 1st picture (unless it got cropped out) the concrete that would have been where the opening was. And the side concrete footers are still there. Just not much else

If anyone is interested contact me

64300.jpg

64300a.jpg

64300b.jpg

64300c.jpg

64300e.jpg

64300f.jpg

64300g.jpg

64300h.jpg

Lets see, big block= good, big block pushbutton trans=good, possible suregrip rear=good, 300 trim=good, big block radiator=good, yep, i'd say it's all good. Whats the price? Geof

She is wanting it to go away. At 1st I think she thought she had GOLD.

The scrap guy said he would give $100, she said she knows it is worth more than that.

Since I really have no interest in it (too many cars now that don't run) I told her I would see if there was any interest in it.

So at this point it doesn't have a price, just looking to see if maybe someone needed some trim or other parts and would want to buy it amd deal with parting it out.

IT DOES NOT HAVE A TITLE, it was left on the farm many years ago, my guess it was parked right there in 1980.

I'm asking what you guys might think it is worth and what you would be willing to pay. Once I get an idea then I will tell her what I find out.

She is nervous about people knowing where it is and doesn't want a lot of people coming out to look at it. It took me about 2 years just to find out where it was.

It is worth more for someone that could use some parts off it or might even want to try and put it back on the road.

$300.00 would be a fair price for the car. If you could verify the fact that it has a suregrip in it and she wanted more, you'd be doing well at $400, but no more than that. The pushbutton trans is a nice find, and the rad will be of use to someone, you should also check the displacement on the engine pad, chances are it's a 413. If it turns out to be a 361, then $300.00, no higher. If you wanted to turn someone on to it that would use the entire car, try Murray Park out of Tiffin, Ohio. He is into land barges, and this being a 2 door makes it even more desireable. Good luck getting that land barge home, it's gonna be a tug of war getting it up on the trailer. Geof

Ooh, that roof looks terrible, very difficult to repair nicely. $300 tops.

$300.00 would be a fair price for the car. If you could verify the fact that it has a suregrip in it and she wanted more, you'd be doing well at $400, but no more than that. The pushbutton trans is a nice find, and the rad will be of use to someone, you should also check the displacement on the engine pad, chances are it's a 413. If it turns out to be a 361, then $300.00, no higher. If you wanted to turn someone on to it that would use the entire car, try Murray Park out of Tiffin, Ohio. He is into land barges, and this being a 2 door makes it even more desireable. Good luck getting that land barge home, it's gonna be a tug of war getting it up on the trailer. Geof

It should be a 383 or 413 4 barrel motor

This is a 2 barrel, so I would guess a replacement engine. If it was a 4 barrel I would probably try and get it from her for the drivetrain.

No way to find out what rear end is in it unless the fender tag could be decoded. Once it is pulled out and able to roll even if it did have a sure grip without pulling it apart might be hard to tell. If like my dart drug out of feild the brakes are locked up tight so far.

They have BIG TRACTORS it will move one way or another. I had a guy take the Dart on a roll back for me to make it easier than moving on trailer. My guess this one will need to come out on rollback at 1st.

You guys are thinking like me, few hundred dollars at the most.

There is a 64 Newport near my shop I have been watching rot for a few years now. I tried to buy it some time ago, but it must be made of gold or something. It is a 4 door and nothing special, but it has a 361, so I'm not losing sleep over it anyhow. The thing about the high trim barges from that early timeline is that they usually have the suregrip rear. That 64 you're looking at is a high trim level car and should have the bigger motor, but don't rule out the lowly 361 boat anchor. Is the ID pad facing UP on the motor, or off to the side, that'll tell you if it's a 413 or not. I can't tell from the picture. I'd still take a chance on it though if you can get it for under $500.00, as you can always take off the items you want and then call Murray Park and he'll buy the rest of the car. You should be able to make your money back and score some useable parts you need!! Good luck, Geof

-
Back