Is this a bumper for a 1972 Scamp? If so I need some bracket to mount it.

-

dgfalk

Reaction score
I hope none of you guys are getting tired of my newbie questions about this car, like my post asking about a front end. However today I was rummaging around some more in my Grandpas shop and I happen to found a brand new bumper in the box. I am 99.9% sure this is the bumper I need for my '72 Scamp. Can anyone verify that? And if so I'm gonna need all the mounting brackets for it, anyone have some used parts I can buy or point me in the right direction to find some? I added some picture of it, and some bolts in the frame rail that I assume are for the bumper.

20240224_133158.jpg

20240224_133324_01.jpg

20240224_133331_03.jpg

20240224_134726.jpg

20240224_134733.jpg

It appears to be the correct bumper for the car. The bolts in the pic are indeed where the bumper brackets bolt to the frame rails. I bet, if you look around you will find the bumper brackets. Your Grandpa probably had them stashed somewhere if he bought a new bumper. Us old guys never throw anything away....lol. Don't know if he has any, but @Lee Robinson is a good person to buy body related parts from and he's on your side of the country to cut down on shipping costs. You need brackets for a 70-72 Duster, Valiant or Scamp. Pics below in an old ad, so you can see what they look like.

1972 was the first year for the hook type jacks and slotted bumpers. Your bumper has slots so I would say yes it's for your car. Your rear bumper should have slots also and your bumper should be the hook type. If you still have the jack instructions on your trunk lid it should look like this https://s.turbifycdn.com/aah/yhst-7...ng-instructions-trunk-lid-decal-3585700-3.gif. Any 1970-72 Duster/Valiant front bumper brackets should work on your car. Wildcat Auto Wrecking should be able to help you Wildcat Auto Wrecking | Mopar Parts | Classic Car Dealer.

-
Back