is this a good deal, limited slip...

-
That's a Track Lock. It's a limited slip, but barely. They are pretty weak. Not as far as tearin up, but in terms of having strong limited slip action. They lack conventional preload springs and plates between the axle side gears in the center. See how there are no springs in the center? They have preload springs, but they SUCK. They are located on the outsides of the side gears, between the side gear and the carrier housing. They are nothing more than "wavy washers" and they lose their preload ability pretty quickly. I would save up and get a Dana Powerlock. They are more expensive, but they are the strongest clutch limited slip BAR NONE. They will chirp the outside tire going around a turn. The Lock Rite is a good unit, but it's a locker, not a limited slip. Big difference. If you like how that works in your truck, go with that. They are nice. I wouldn't get the Track Lock, though.

good info SS. The trac lok is ok with me, it was better than what we had by a mile. My car ain't making no "real" h.p. but I still hate "peg-leggin" when you wanna do a little spirited driving ;-) Will look into the Powerlock...

I think you'll be happy with that.

-
Back