Is this a good deal?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I just came accross a 65'ish belvader(sp) at a locol scrap yard. After a closer look I discovered it has a 8 3/4 rear. I asked the owner if he would part the car out. I my delite he said sure and asked what I wanted. I told him the rear from tire to tire. It has BBP so I would need the wheels to get started. He said that it would not be cheap. I ask "well, how much?" to my suprise he said $125. I told him I would have to think about it and will let him know. I did not want to act like wanted it to bad.
Now I have wife's promission to get it but beter not ask for anyhing for a while B/C my 5 year project is getting out of control and I have only had it a few months.
I did not get any casting numbers or measure it yet. Does any one know if it will fit my 71 swinger without cutting? I will go there tommorow if have time and measure and try to see the numbers. where would I look?
Thanks for any help.
Jeff

Sounds like a good deal to me but it's a B-body so I would think it would be too wide for your Swinger. If in doubt you can always measure the two and compare.

It is a good price, and it will fit IF you get wheels with the proper backspacing. That might be the only fly in the ointment, other than you'll have to move the spring perches in about 3/4" per side.

Thanks folks. I figured that the perches would need to be moved. Just not sure if I wanted to get it then have to cut it. Again, thanks
Jeff

-
Back