Is this an e-body trans?

-

67GTConvert

Reaction score
Got a package deal on a disassembled 340 and a mystery trans that the seller had no info on as it came along with a 71 Dart he had just bought.

My best guess is it's an e-body unit going by the 16.5" tailshaft and the short shifter but my 4-speed knowledge is pretty limited so any input would be appreciated.Feel free to clue me into what it's worth as well.

The shifter linkage definitely needs some work as it seems to be jammed in one gear.I'll try to free it up and take a look inside in the next couple days.

Attachments

• DSCF0059 (Large).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0053 (Large).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0051 (Large).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 84
I dig the funky elbow someone installed for the fluid...looks like it would be even harder yet! :-D

I dig the funky elbow someone installed for the fluid...looks like it would be even harder yet! :-D

I think those might be an old metal plumbing elbow,defintely an odd arrangement.It might work well if you had really rusty floors then you could add it as you drive but otherwise,how would you get fluid in there from underneath like that? and how would you be able to tell when it's filled to the hole?

-
Back