is this driveshaft sitting exactly where its suppose to?

-
He had Neapco signs all over the shop, so when he suggested them over Spicer I kind of had to chuckle, thinking... Of course you do!
He said something about how Spicer merged with some other company and haven't been the same since. Supposedly one of his guys are going to call me tomorrow with prices for other joints, but then I have to wait for them to be shipped... ect ect ect...
He wanted me to keep the shaft there so they could install the parts when they came in. I just told him since it was a three day weekend I'd just take the driveshaft home with me so I could move the car around... :)
I feel kind of bad because he could have had a $250.00 sale and ended up with nothing.

Wow that is some salesman line, and he has companies all mixed up
It WAS neapco that went with visteon and now there stuff is made in china by ngheong or something and a dist in canada is also selling the same crap thru cent automotive and quality gear.

Well... I did get my Spicer U-joints today, and the first thing I noticed was that it said, "Cross made in Mexico". Nice.

Second... There where only two snap rings in each box. Don't I need 4? There were only two caps with grooves as well.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

I was just informed Spicer no longer carries solid SPL series U-joints for the 7260 series.

Sucks to be me.

The plant is spicer owned and run, been that way for years and years... caps, needles are done in the US, heat treating is done here..

tell them the pt # is spl22-8x they sent you the 1310 x 7260, all they gotta do is open another 5-788 and remove the caps and clips and swap with you and then they have a full 1310.
The spl #for the 7290 is spl22-9x

-
Back