Is this panel available aftermarket?

-

KCBones

Reaction score
I have a couple rusty panels on my '68 Dart that I'd like to replace but have not found them on the AMD or YearOne websites. Does anyone know what the ribbed panels are called between the front frame rails and the rocker panels? Are these available as reproductions? I've circled them in yellow on the attached picture (not my car).
Thanks.

Splash Panel.JPG

I have no idea, that's not my car. It's from some pictures of a '68 Dart 383 GTS 4-speed car that I had for reference, it looks like it's been restored, but with a lot of aftermarket stuff like Hotchkis shocks and suspension pieces, Wilwood brakes and booster, and a few other upgrades. I wish mine could turn out half as nice. Any thoughts on the panels?

Firewall? I don't see anything available through AMD.

Post a wanted ad. Someone might cut some out of a donor car. I think 67-75 Dart should be the same.

How about Front lower floor pan extension.

Or

Firewall lower extensions.

???

Can't find them?

Take a sheet of thin cardboard and make up template of the size with the folds.

Make them up out of new stock, can press in the ribs with some 1/2" round stock and some strategically places wood blocking in your shop press.

Wow, the price of these replacement parts has doubled In the last 5 years, then there is a big shipping bump to go along with it too.

Can be fun making the parts if you enjoy that kind of stuff.

I always call them the inner rocker panel brace from floor to frame rail support.
I have some already fully drilled off. This is what I can tell you, the earlier
panels had a small hole in between the no.1 and no.2 formed upright ribs.
I will need to go to the other building and see what we have. I have different
years, but will need to look. If it does not matter if it has the factory small
hole, just let me know.

I always call them the inner rocker panel brace from floor to frame rail support.
I have some already fully drilled off. This is what I can tell you, the earlier
panels had a small hole in between the no.1 and no.2 formed upright ribs.
I will need to go to the other building and see what we have. I have different
years, but will need to look. If it does not matter if it has the factory small
hole, just let me know.
If you have a pair of them, let me know what you need for them. I have a couple rusty bent ones that I could make patterns from and do what George Jets suggested but I'd rather have pre-made panels. I don't necessarily trust that I'd do all that good of a fab job.

I needed them when I was restoring my ‘69 cuda and I ended up making them myself. I still have the patterns but they are marked up and don’t remember if the patterns need to be modified. My car had fenderwell headers at one time so those two braces were pretty hacked up. They came out nice and when I brought them to my body guy to install he didn’t believe me when I told him that I made them.

-
Back