is this PPG paint?

-
in short,no.I have looked at this companies paint myself,preferably the urethane and base clear.It would prob be ok to color a car out before putting some good stuff on top,if you are using a high dollar color like hemi orange or something,but i wouldnt use it for a top coat.Now the house of color they sale is good stuff,but i dont particulary like hok clear coat myself.Its hard to beat dupont or ppg in my opinion.

I dont think its PPG it comes in there own can. The quality is fine though. I used it on my 71 Valiant and the match was dead on. I also used there primer.

IM000074.jpg

IM000073.jpg

IM000084.jpg

hey guys what i actually meant was not the sites brand of paint, but the brand that chrysler uses as per that sheet...does anybody know what brand the factory uses to pump out those colours? the sheet doesnt say, so just wondering if anybody knows

a freind of mine bought some of there hugger orange,and it wasnt even close,it was more like hemi orange without the metallic.Other than that,it seemed ok.We still had to shoot over it with dupont to get the correct color.

hey guys what i actually meant was not the sites brand of paint, but the brand that chrysler uses as per that sheet...does anybody know what brand the factory uses to pump out those colours? the sheet doesnt say, so just wondering if anybody knows

Im not sure who Chysler uses from the factory.

thats what im wondering....anybody else out there know? i was hoping adamR would know, considering you know quite a bit on paint from what ive seen you post....anybody?

Well that explains the Piss Poor Gloss on my Dart!

Matthew,
Those are PPG numbers under the colors.. PPG basecoats are 1:1 or 1:1 1/2 mix ratios. These are showing 2:1.... I would say no to that being a PPG product..

Bob

Hey Bob,

so let me get this straight, it looks like PPG from the numbers, but because of the mixing ratios being different it isnt PPG? anybody else have any idea what brand of paint chrysler might be using then?

Matthew,
As alley said, that is a 2008 PPG color chart. They have the same type of charts for all the auto makers. What brand of paint Chrysler is using I'm not sure??? But the paint that company(tcpglobal) is selling is not PPG...
Go to www.ppgrefinish.com to find a supplier in your area. I know for a fact, that the color we talked about is available in the "Deltron" and Global" line of PPG basecoat..

Bob

hey bob,

thanks for the info...gonna look into it some more and talk about it with my painter. thanks for the clarification

Matthew

-
Back