Is this tranny worth it?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Is this a decent deal? I have a 727 small block transmission from a van, which I was going to have built to go behind my fresh 340, but came across this ad. Will I be basically spending the same amount on a tranny? The car has 3.23 SG, and 340 is 0.060, 10.5:1.

Here's the ad..

"I am just removing a good 727 tf with stage 3 shift kit,manual valve body ,reverse shift pattern,BM shifter and cable,almost new 3500-4000 stall built by Island Torque Convertors.Was behind 340 and worked very well,a lot of fun with the hi stall.Only reason for removal is that I am putting the car back to 4 speed.
Make an offer on package.
Thanks"

Price is $1250 OBO.

Thoughts?

WAY over priced, and how can it have a shift kit, if its got a manual valve body?

Ok thanks, I don't know anything about transmissions, so I appreciate the input. What is an average price to build a tranny to support my engine?

For $1250 you can build one yourself, get a shifter, and a custom converter.

................stage 3 is a foreward manual shift kit, so therefore the trans would be manual shift, but foreward pattern....get a list of parts in it and was the tranny built by IM as well...kim....

-
Back