Is this truck worth $5500?

-
Yes it could be. More details and pictures. I see it might need a ring gear.

Yeah. Im not sure what that is about. I talked to the guy and he said it starts and runs perfect. A mechanic told him it may need ring gear. He claims it is rust free, which is uncommon in this neck of the woods. He has people lined up for this weekend. I can beat the rush and look at it tomorrow. He dropped to $5500 like nothing. Im sure cash in hand on location may be able to do even a little better. Been looking for a cummins to haul a trailer. Don't need a dump, but price and mileage are better than most I have been looking @

I see he put a starter on and it didn't fix his problem and meations needing a flywheel, those transmissions are super heavy so factor that in

$5500 is a fair price but you have your work cut out taking out transmission

It looks like it may be. Check out this search I did, since I see you are in maine, I just picked a random zip code and did a search.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...romSIP=791098CDB64D578CC6201A22ABAD30EF&Log=0

Here's another search with unlimited distance:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...romSIP=791098CDB64D578CC6201A22ABAD30EF&Log=0

Also, make sure you talk him down a bit for the "scar" on the bumper. The lower fascia and upper fascia do not match up correctly on the front passenger side. I circled it below in the bottom picture.

View attachment Dodge ram.jpg

View attachment Dodge ram B2.jpg

Sounds like a good deal, heck the cummins is worth 3-4000 on its own. It looks like a 2wd so that lowers the price too.
Offer 4500 you can always counter up.

Is it possible that starter just needs to be shimmed? Flywheel is not missing any teeth. I know I had that problem in Chevys (hate to compare) but a starter shim took rite care of it. I will see how bad it really sounds, hard to say just talking to the guy. He seems to be a straight shooter. Older wood cutter. I will be more hesitant if tranny has to come out for sure. As stated above them suckers are heavy.... Helped a buddy change the clutch in his. Twice.....

If it was in St Louis it would have"SOLD" on the page

If your going to work it. Then I think it's a good deal. Get it starting good and let it pay you back.

Is it possible that starter just needs to be shimmed? Flywheel is not missing any teeth. I know I had that problem in Chevys (hate to compare) but a starter shim took rite care of it. I will see how bad it really sounds, hard to say just talking to the guy. He seems to be a straight shooter. Older wood cutter. I will be more hesitant if tranny has to come out for sure. As stated above them suckers are heavy.... Helped a buddy change the clutch in his. Twice.....

highly doubt it needs shimmed, dodge vehicles don't use starter shims, some chevs do

highly doubt it needs shimmed, dodge vehicles don't use starter shims, some chevs do

I also agree.

Shimming a chevy starter brings it away from the centerline of the crank.

Shimming a Mopar starter will not move it farther away from the centerline of the crank, and I've never seen or heard of it being done on a Mopar.

I have done them on Chevys though...

That truck wouldn't last long around here even at that price.

Here in WA state anything with a dump body gets very $$ to register/insure....or so I am told

Ill grab it for anyone who wants it. Im holding out for an x or crew cab

Geez, get rid of the box..be perfect for pulling a 5th wheel..cannot believe the price....I can only dream :)

Geez, get rid of the box..be perfect for pulling a 5th wheel..cannot believe the price....I can only dream :)

I'm more of a first gen cummins lover myself, might be making a deal on a 5 speed 4x4 this summer

If it's a 5 speed, the tranny could have issues too. Still a good price and since you have to take the tranny out anyway you can have that inspected and fixed at the same time. As I remember it's an easy fix just expensive because of the remove/replace.

That has the bosch P7100 injection Pump on it (aka the holley dubble pumper of diesel injection pumps!) & if you know what yer doing in a hour you can easly add 100hp for free! (lots of fuel on tap) i love my 95 p-pumped 12valve! it wasted an 06 hemi charger last july 3rd (i hate picken on my own brand,but some still need to be schooled by a 3/4 ton truck once in a while!!

I'm more of a first gen cummins lover myself, might be making a deal on a 5 speed 4x4 this summer

My RAM has air bags in the back...was surprised how little I can pull with it..

BTW, there is a mint ford diesel in Windsor..owned by an old gent that only used it to haul back and forth to southern usa...never seen snow..I saw it about a month ago..white with blue stripes..did a quick search for it buy no joy..

Found this but seems kinda expensive and I am not sure I would want to drive this very far..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ced/567522122?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

-
Back