Is water enough?

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Wasn't overly warm today, think we hit 83*. Had 2 quarts of water with breakfast, along with 2 cups of coffee. First cup/quart of water was at 5:30 when I got up. Second cup/quart of water was at 7:30 with breakfast. Drank another quart of water during the afternoon. 1 beer with dinner. 2 quarts of water while I was on the treadmill. Another quart after I got off of it. Also had a quart of Gatorade. Feel so damn dehydrated...

Could have a lot to do with age, weight and physical condition.

How many times did you pee/poop?

My girlfriend is a registered dietitian so I have all this crap engrained in my brain.

Beer, even 1, dehydrates you and is very unhealthy. You may as well pick 1 day per week and just go all out. Having a couple beers per day is NOT good for you from a physical standpoint.

Gatorade = sugar/salt.

Evaluate your diet and check your sugar and salt intake. The more sugar and salt you have the more water you require. Physical exercise requires even more water.

Posts 3 and 4 hit the nail on the head.

Alcohol and coffee are diuretics and even though you are essentially drinking water, you can quickly become dehydrated.

Did you ever have kidney stones?

I know one of the things I do is stay out of the sun on the hottest part of the day if I can. Drink water during the day, and not a large amount at one time. A large amount at one time will cause you to urinate more frequently. Slower water consumption will decrease urination.

I'm pretty sure with your medical issues being dehydrated can't be good. Be careful.

-
Back