-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zackw

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, I'm looking for a car to drive every day and keep for a long time. I had a '65 sedan with a new 4 speed and built /6 that I was going to buy this week. The seller, in another state, said he would hold the car for me. Stupidly I took his word and bought a plane ticket to go get the car and drive it home, and visit a friend at the same time. Today I got a pleasant surprise text message telling me he sold the car and that it's "just business." Not very good business if you didn't even bother to give your buyer the chance to match your other offer. Anyway...

I prefer the look of the 67-69 cars, so maybe it's a chance to get what I really want. I'm familiar with the /6 and I like the size and look of this generation of Dart so I was wondering if anyone out there has the perfect car for me that they don't want anymore. A 4 speed car would be ideal, but I can also swap that in myself. But I'm still stuck with this non-refundable airfare...

Sorry that happened!! Like you I love those years Darts.
I do have a 71 slant duster 3 on floor, If interested just message me for cell or details. I am about 3 hours away.

Hi all, I'm looking for a car to drive every day and keep for a long time. I had a '65 sedan with a new 4 speed and built /6 that I was going to buy this week. The seller, in another state, said he would hold the car for me. Stupidly I took his word and bought a plane ticket to go get the car and drive it home, and visit a friend at the same time. Today I got a pleasant surprise text message telling me he sold the car and that it's "just business." Not very good business if you didn't even bother to give your buyer the chance to match your other offer. Anyway...

I prefer the look of the 67-69 cars, so maybe it's a chance to get what I really want. I'm familiar with the /6 and I like the size and look of this generation of Dart so I was wondering if anyone out there has the perfect car for me that they don't want anymore. A 4 speed car would be ideal, but I can also swap that in myself. But I'm still stuck with this non-refundable airfare...
Bummer. I don’t trust anyone any way let alone some somewhere where I was planning to fly to pickup a car without any sort of down payment to hold. Maybe he was just weary of remaining members of Branch Davidian :/

Jake (non branch davidian)

Haha, I'm no branch davidian. I do prefer to operate as if most people are decent and deserve some level of trust until they demonstrate untrustworthiness. But craigslist is making it hard to live that way

Sorry that happened!! Like you I love those years Darts.
I do have a 71 slant duster 3 on floor, If interested just message me for cell or details. I am about 3 hours away.
Thanks for the offer. I do prefer the Dart rear end but I'll keep your car in mind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back