It always happens when it rains.

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
I was driving my old plow truck just to charge up the battery since it had been sitting for a few days. As i was heading down a state hwy it starts to bog and stuble a little. I let off the gas and the bang, I was like holy **** my wife jumped out of her seat. The look on her was was priceless. Anyway there was the terrible noise kinda like a grinding but also like a torch cutting. Well the engine spit the #4 clylinder spark plug out and it was sparking off the frame. Well we limp home and I go to change the plugs and break off 2 more in the block.
Of course this was all done in a freezing rain, gotta love Illinois lol. Anybody else got that bad luck feeling too???

ve Illinois lol. Anybody else got that bad luck feeling too???

Kind of. I just installed a new Grant Challenger GT on my Duster, and I hate the way the center horn button is held in place. The slightest turn makes it pop out and the horn blares until it is either re-seated or you unplug the wire. Well I got home from class today (after driving the Duster 30 miles to and from the campus) and rushed inside to do my business on the crapper. It was urgent too. Well I am sitting there in the quiet relaxing and whatnot and I hear a car horn blaring. After a few seconds I realize it is my horn. So I have to quickly finish my business, go outside in my shorts and a tank top, and fix the damn horn while my neighbors look on. The center cap apparently popped off on its own, so I popped the hood and pulled the wire from the horn itself. I haven't hooked it up yet, and won't until I figure out how to make the damn cap stay in the wheel.

Not as painful as your scenario, but a little more humiliating. :-D

Kind of. I just installed a new Grant Challenger GT on my Duster, and I hate the way the center horn button is held in place. The slightest turn makes it pop out and the horn blares until it is either re-seated or you unplug the wire. Well I got home from class today (after driving the Duster 30 miles to and from the campus) and rushed inside to do my business on the crapper. It was urgent too. Well I am sitting there in the quiet relaxing and whatnot and I hear a car horn blaring. After a few seconds I realize it is my horn. So I have to quickly finish my business, go outside in my shorts and a tank top, and fix the damn horn while my neighbors look on. The center cap apparently popped off on its own, so I popped the hood and pulled the wire from the horn itself. I haven't hooked it up yet, and won't until I figure out how to make the damn cap stay in the wheel.

Not as painful as your scenario, but a little more humiliating. :-D

:pottytra: Mine was doing that too. I cut down the spring so there is not as much pressure on the cap. Just enough to hold it out.

If I did not have bad luck I would have no kind of luck at all.Hope good luck comes your way\\:D/

Mine was doing that too. I cut down the spring so there is not as much pressure on the cap. Just enough to hold it out.

Good info, I'll do that. The cap's retention method is ridiculous.

At least you can get your horn to work.

First time in ages. :-D

At least it did not go off as you are sitting at a red light..behind a cop!

I thought about that. It did it once driving, and I drove nearly 2 miles before I could get the horn unplugged from the wheel, as I couldn't pull over. It is really a pain in the ***. :angry2:

... Who needs a horn anyway, right? :lol:

... Who needs a horn anyway, right? :lol:
I would be lost with out the airhorn in my truck.......I am patiently waiting for the weather to warm up so I can go past the golf course:toothy5::toothy5:

You must be driving a Ford to be spittin' out plugs. It happened to my 98 4.6 a couple times.

Ya it sucks. I also glued the spring to the back of the cap and drilled it full of holes to lighten it up some.

You drilled the cap full of holes?

And are the custom buttons (like MOPAR, Ford symbol, etc) retained the same way? I planned on purchasing the MOPAR cap, but if it is held in like this one, I changed my mind. :angry2:

You drilled the cap full of holes?

And are the custom buttons (like MOPAR, Ford symbol, etc) retained the same way? I planned on purchasing the MOPAR cap, but if it is held in like this one, I changed my mind. :angry2:

Ya the inner cap that holds the outer one I drilled holes in it. Not that it shaved much weight but I am a little nuts about that kind of stuff. LOL

The outer caps go on the same. I got one of the Mopar caps but did not end up using it. It goes on the same and was not wide enough around to cover the whole wheel and looked funny There was also some other holes drilled in my wheel that it would not have covered.

Ya the inner cap that holds the outer one I drilled holes in it. Not that it shaved much weight but I am a little nuts about that kind of stuff. LOL

The outer caps go on the same. I got one of the Mopar caps but did not end up using it. It goes on the same and was not wide enough around to cover the whole wheel and looked funny There was also some other holes drilled in my wheel that it would not have covered.

Copy that. I will modify that SOB this week. :lol:

Its actually an 87 GMC pickup. The plugs were original, I crawled under it and found out the I'm told old and my arms arn't long enough to reach the plugs. So i had to crawl into the engine bay and the number 3 spark plug broke off when I was taking it out. I bought it to make some money and it has but I've been driving it all winter since my car accident and the Duster is getting rebuilt.

You can also make cows run... um, I heard somewhere... ;-)
A while back I had a deer standing in the road that just stood there, staring at me....gave her a little blast and she started walking towards me....will get back to you on the cows.....

A while back I had a deer standing in the road that just stood there, staring at me....gave her a little blast and she started walking towards me....will get back to you on the cows.....

Been there. LOL Was pulling my 40 foot 5th wheel toy hauler down a hill when out of no where came a deer. It just stood there staring at me. No way was I going to stop in time so I started honking and flashing my lights and at the same time trying to stop. Dang thing was dancing back and forth right in front of me. I missed it buy inches as I went buy almost on the sholder. I did not feel so well after that:sad4: LOL

I drove 1.3 million miles in an 18 wheeler. I never knew what deer where going to do. It almost seems some were smarter than others.

Picked up the truck today, cost me a hundred bucks to change all the plugs.My mechanic asked me about the inner fender and I said ya I smashed that one out to get to the plugs, then hesaid he almost called me and said that he was gonna pass on the job. Honestly now I dont feel so bad lol.

About deer its not the ones you see its the one behind the one you see. Anybody ever hit a pig? I hit one once and it got stuck under my old jeep, tore up the whole drive train.

-
Back