It fell off the car!!!!

-

Dartman1967

Reaction score
Hey guys-here I am again the tech. impaired owner. I was driving down the street to show the car to a potential buyer and this fell from the bottom of the car. What the HELL is it. Don't know what to look for in order to replace it.

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 387
That looks like a torsion bar seal. It goes on the torsion bar in front of the frame where the torsion bar goes in. (And gets packed with grease)

It was probably dropped and lost while someone worked on it. There's no way for it to fall off the car if installed properly and it doesn't get torn/ripped.

Look at the front of the frame where the back of the torsion bar goes into the frame and make sure that there are two of those seals, one on each side.

Hey guys thanks for the help...I checked at the torsion bar---didn't see anything, talked to my neighbor who bled my brakes---he is missing a jack cup. I am trying to figure out how it "fell off" 3 blocks from home. My potential buyer just laughed when I told him why I was late. Too bad he wanted more of a project car...oh well.

Thanks again

-
Back