It goes to 11...

-
rabius75 said:
damn it fastback, everytime you post i stop and look at that 6 pack, where did you find it? its just so... "oh man look at that."

Believe it or not I went to buy a parts car and the guy asked me if I was interested in a "3 carb manifold". I said sure, I'll look at it when I pick up the car. I go back out that weekend and he shows me a complete 6bbl set-up from manifold to air cleaner. I put on my best poker face and half-heartedly negotiate a deal. How much? $250..... THEN I had the manifold bead-blasted....NEW carbs..... NEW K&N air filter.....re-painted the air cleaner....

So let's see:
$250 purchase price
$800 for carbs
$60 for the K&N
$20 for the bead-blast
$5 for paint

$865 .... then I sold my old carbs on e-Bay ( hey....they were "date coded") for $675.

Bottom line: less than $500 and I have some unbelieveable eye-candy when I pop the hood that also hauls-***. Right place at the right time.

Everything else is costing me an arm & a leg....and possibly other vital organs.

there are like 4 small block 6 pack manifolds on e-bay right now for about $250... wish i had it..

rabius75 said:
there are like 4 small block 6 pack manifolds on e-bay right now for about $250... wish i had it..

Yeah, then working carbs...linkage....fuel lines....and that expen$ive air cleaner. I lucked out BIG TIME with my set-up. I know a Demon w/ and Air Gap manifold makes more power, but how much more do I need for my purposes? I'm not building " the fastest car " I can. This lump is supposed to be a hobby car.

If I was building a bullet I would have gutted a clapped-out 4 dr. Volare and stuffed a turbo/nitrous sleeper set-up in it....Plenty-Plenty power...VERY-very quiet, and go make sum MONEY! 8)

so what happened to her? what exactly is "pooped the bed" ? whatever it is, after only 20 miles, that sucks.

rabius75 said:
so what happened to her? what exactly is "pooped the bed" ? whatever it is, after only 20 miles, that sucks.

Well, "pooped the bed" is a colorful way of saying **** the bed, which is not a good thing.... The cam & 2 lifters wiped out after 20 miles filling my freshly re-built engine with metal shavings. This was NOT a good thing.... :wink:

The engine is back out awaiting another re-build. This time it's only bearings and a good cleaning. Possibly might have to cut the crank .010" to clean everything up. Plus the new cam. And lifters. And ....

<sigh....> It never ends :evil:

cuda5.jpg

rabius75 wrote:
hey, paint the engine bay while its out this time

:poke: yeah, what he said. :p

GotDart said:
rabius75 wrote:
hey, paint the engine bay while its out this time

:poke: yeah, what he said. :p

Actually, I am thinking of trying to make the entire car more "presentable" while the engine is out. The engine bay is one of them. L1 turquoise......Mmmmm, YUM!

I hate looking at my crappy-looking car more then you guys do.....

-
Back