It's ALIVE! Happy day for me!

-

bighammer

Reaction score
My level of excitement is over the top right now! For those that don't know, I swapped out my tired old 318 for a fresh LA 360. This was a considerable project for me, as I'm very busy with work and other important things. Since this is my first Mopar, I had LOTs of questions, both before starting, and while in the middle of this project. I could not have even considered this if I hadn't found this great resource on the web, FABO. And of course, FABO is made up of the most knowledgeable folks on the web! Many times I had to stoop to ask some of the most basic of questions, and not once (well, okay, maybe once Lol) did I ever get the feeling that I was being talked down to. You guys (and gals) have been great! I just wanna give a big hug! :cheers: Lol

Here is a picture right after I fired it up. It was amazing how fast it fired up. After priming the fuel system by toggleing the fuel pump off and on a few times, hit the starter, and BAM! Instant gratification! The starter barely cranks for a split second before it fires right up! I've never seen anything like it. She sounds SWEET! And runs so well.

AGAIN, I WANT TO THANK THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE DONE SO MUCH BY WAY OF POSTING UP HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR NOVICES LIKE MYSELF! You have my sincere gratitude!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 250
congrats

now drive it over to MI to help me get mine in ;)

Good lookin engine. Congrats. What carburetor is that?

Mark....Mark.......Mark...for a novice, you're making some of the rest of us look bad. :D

That's a fine job you did right there!!!

Now where is the video????

WOW!! That's a beautiful engine bay right there!! Fine job you've done there young man, now go and beat the crap out of that puppy!!! :) Geof

Yeah - looks awesome and it is a great feeling firing up something for the first time.

Lol, thanks guys! It's been fun! Rob, the carb is a Demon, I think it's a 725 cfm(?) It runs great right out of the box. I'm happy with it, but no real drive time yet.

I haven't uploaded a video before Bruce, maybe I should give it a try so I can let you hear the beast.

Diymirage, lol, yeah... You're a little too far away for that!!

Thanks for the compliment on the engine bay Geoff! I almost made the mistake of putting the engine in without refinishing the bay. I'm sure glad I did it (well, had it done) my body man told me I'd be sorry if I put in a shiny new engine with a crusty old engine bay! Lol, I'm not quite ready to beat the crap out of it yet, baby steps you know. But I do plan on some 'spirited' driving!

Crj1968, hearing that thing fire up was like hearing music! The anxiety was killing me though!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

That sure is a purrty motor sitting there!! I bet it's even purtier watching it run!!!!!!!!:burnout:

What did you do on the MT's, paint them silver?

I just did a black wrinkle finish on mine, they are in the oven baking as we speak.

Yeah, I painted 'em silver Bruce. Actually "Cast Aluminum" is what the paint mfg calls it. I painted the intake with the same paint, I thought it would be easier to keep looking good, as opposed to leaving it in raw aluminum. My valve covers used to have the black wrinkle finish, but I blasted and then stripped off what was left! Just wanted something different

"Burn-out video" eh? ...hmmm we'll see about that! But first, the Sure Grip install!

looks good, and way to go. Now go have fun with it

Wow, good clean looking install. Congrats. I like the shade of blue you picked. Cant wait to see how the body turns out too.

Matt

-
Back