It's Alive! The monster lives in....

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
West Plains Mo! The green monster that is, Small-Blks BB 73 Duster. It came home with it's new flowmaster's sounding mean as a junk yard dog!! Here are a few pics, I'll let Small-Blk tell you what all is in it.
There just isn't any sound like a fresh High compression =P~BB Mopar!

cpu shut down on me, got to love dialup. Lets try again. may have been I didn't have enough posts. Here we go...

73 BB duster.JPG

73 BB duster #2.jpg

We got a little ahead of our selves, the car decided it wasn't ready and spit abunch of tranny fluid out of the bellhousing! Not good, small-blk took it out today, it was freshly built so back to the builder it goes. This will be continued soon I hope.

Wehre did the fluid come out exactly? From behind the convertor? Theres an overflow hole there that will weep a lot of fluid if you overfill the tranny!

Looking like it is coming out in the morning, I will take a look at the fliud levels before we do it. Other than that the car is good, I will keep you up dated.

Dude...your car has the PERFECT tire & wheel combo! I can honestly say that is one of the meanest stances I've seen in a while. Please, share details! Are the springs moved inboard? Bolt pattern & brand/size rims? Same for the tires....

Your car screams "I'll kick your ***"

Hey 340: That's the plan. "KIck ***". We built a pretty tough 318 for my 72 duster that eats stock 396's and thought we'd build something that would eat anything. That's Vic Storm and myself. The dude is a pretty fair wrench and with my fabrication and painting skills he's pretty good on electrical and keeping me on the ground. I fit in smaller places because his old lady keeps him fattened up and mine keeps me racy lookin. We'll tackle his 451 stroker next in the 70 dart i gave him for helping me on my stuff. When we get it done we'll go to the field and pick something else out from the 45 units we have stashed. This one is a 550 horse 440. The suspension on the green unit is rebuilt stock springs out of the slant six car mounted on an 8.75 3:91 detroit true trac with pinion snubber and gabriel high jackers(air shocks) to adjust tire clearance. Battery is in the trunk on the passengers side. Welding cable to front with welding cable splice. Works great. Frame connectors with /6 T bars and front disc conversion and the rears are 11" X 2.5 " drums from a new yorker. Yukon axles with green bearings and of course a line lock for making the rears sticky. 1350 yoke front and rear on a 3' driveline. Don't think it will break. Still got to fabricate the drivesahaft loop. The rims are American Racing torque thrust. 10" on the rear and 7" on the front. Didn't move the springs. One inch clearance on the inside between springs. 4.5" bolt patten with big studs from Mancini. Got the rubber from goodyear but don't remember the size. 27.5 tall tires on the rear. Stance is every thing.

The TC is back in so i should be droping it back on the ground today if all goes well. Very interesting to say the least.

-
Back