It's alive!

-

MB43

Reaction score
WOOHOO!

The new pushrods are in, adjusted properly. 3-4 threads showing under the rocker. Much better than before.

The new battery is in - I finally broke down and bought one of those Optima red-top jammies.

I finally found a PCV/Breather that fits properly, that's in on one side. I need a grommet for the breather on the other side.

The car has been sitting on the side of the house with a rag over the carb for the last month and a half or so. I haven't even touched it. I put the new battery in, pumped the gas once and hit the ignition. Fired right up! I love this motor.

Now all that's left is to find the right grommet, put the driver's seat back in, and get the lights on the trailer working.

Then I'm ready to go racing again!

WOOHOO!

GotDart said:
Congratulations on getting her going again! Feels good doesn't it? :lol:
Damn straight!

I whomped the throttle a bunch of times, scared the crap out of my dog who was in the backyard.

THIS is what's been missing from my life. Horsepower under my right foot!

Good to hear your hitting on 8 cylinders again Mikel. To bad the snows going to be flying soon. Then again, you don't get to much snow on the island do you.

Jack

I don't wanna hear about snow just yet. It can snow starting the second week of November, but not before.

I got the right breathers and PCVs and such. I have the Mopar aluminum valve covers... On one side, I used a twist-on breather that has a hole in it for a PCV. On the other side, I knocked out a hole, that's where the PCV used to be. I was having a hard time finding a breather that would fit the hole with the grommet that was in there, I would up just buying a push-in breather and using it without the grommet. Fits nice and tight, all the holes in both valve covers are filled now.

-
Back