Its alive!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
got the engine started and broke in this sunday. what a great feeling. she fired up with 2 cranks and sounded really good. only got up to 200 degrees right at the very end of the 25 min break in. couldnt be happier.

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/IMG_17171_zpsb82221ed.mp4]
th_IMG_17171_zpsb82221ed.jpg
[/ame]

Congrats! What are the specs on your big block?

Congrats! What are the specs on your big block?

its a stock stroke 383 with 10.5 compression probe pistons with 84cc ported eddy heads. tti headers and m1 intake the 750 proform holley carb. cam is 525 lift solid lifter cam. idles at 850 rpm and snaps to 6k in the blink of an eye. sounds pretty tough with 3" mandrel bent exhaust with 40 series flowmasters.

i will say that i was lucky to have my father and my uncle that happened to be in town from Alaska as well as a friend that happens to be a national record holder in stock eliminator here to help me. I worked literally day and night to get the engine fired and the car safe to start. Was an awesome experience and every dollar and every hour of labor was worth it.

i was so excited and stressed not to mention tired that i didnt think to get video of the exhaust cut outs opening up and then when we idled it down and reved it a bit. it sounds mean as ****. super crisp throttle response.

There is nothing like the feeling when you fire up a new motor for the first time!! Congrats man!!!

tonight hopefully i will get it tuned a bit and get some video of the idle and a crack of the throttle.

What size primary tubes on your TTI's? I used the 2" ones on my 383, which aren't supposed to fit. Are the ports raised on the Edelbrock heads at all?

What size primary tubes on your TTI's? I used the 2" ones on my 383, which aren't supposed to fit. Are the ports raised on the Edelbrock heads at all?

the primary tubes are 1 3/4" into 3" collector. the eddy heads are stock port location. i am pretty close to every thing under there. im not sure i would be able to get any bigger tubes in there with that layout. i have about 1/8" clearance on my tortion bars and am nearly touching my starter.

the primary tubes are 1 3/4" into 3" collector. the eddy heads are stock port location. i am pretty close to every thing under there. im not sure i would be able to get any bigger tubes in there with that layout. i have about 1/8" clearance on my tortion bars and am nearly touching my starter.

I figured. My car doesn't have T-bars any more, and the headers actually do lightly touch my mini starter. The car was slated for my 440, but the 383 came along cheap, so in it went with the big headers. Sounds like the T-bars would have been an issue for me. Thanks.

Way to go Younggun....I did this a few months ago and you just feel totally exhausted but elated at the same time......know how you feel, great feeling though. By the way, your paint is awesome!

It is bitter sweet. I found a few things that need fixing already. For some reason my alternator was showing that it was charging at 16+ volts on my autometer volt gauge. I have a brand new voltage regulator in the car and confirmed that it was wired correctly. I had the electric rad. fans hooked up to the charge post on my alternator to temporarily run them during break in. it cooked both of my fans. i had several fuel leaks. i ran braided stainless line from the fuel cell to the carb with AN- fittings. i was worried about stripping them so I didn't tighten them enough. i have oil filled fuel pressure gauges on my fuel regulator. They got hot and popped the plug that holds the oil. so i got oil all over the pass side intake. there is something wrong with the starter/relay. it cranks really slow and the solenoid chatters.

-
Back