It's almost my birthday ( parts time)

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
As the post said it's almost my birthday and the wife said she was going to buy me something for the car since I have been out of work for a while .....You know just to get my mind off of the crazy stuff I can work on the car...Anyway I want and need a gear drive set up for my small block..and yes I need one the block was align bored and the chain set up is just to slack for me car never run until it was out about 60/100' so I think the gear drive will fix the problem...now ? who makes them besides milodon and how much and who do you like the best ( I think I know) but want to here from the mopar nuts.......8)

You could save your wife some money and just get a chain tensioner... Attaches through two of the cam thrust plate bolts.

yea I thought about them as well but have heard some good and some bad.my car is street/strip but mostly strip..dunno if that would work as good as the old gear drive..but thanks its still in my mind

I'm running the chain tensioner in my 360 and It is a pretty nice piece for the price. I would try that before going to the gear drive. It is definately a much cheaper solution to your problem. You could use the extra cash for a nice Birthday dinner with the wife:)

thats right I just want to make sure that I dont have to go though this all again..as long as its not just a short term thing its fine...so I see your happy with your also I see some others thats happy ..do you have a part #..I could just stop by the local mopar dealership for that I think....

I know they use them (chain tensioners) in stock Magnum 5.2 and 5.9 engines so I wouldn't think there just a short term item. I realize that stock engines aren't race engines but they last well over 100,000 miles before needing replaced. I'm using one in my 360 just cause small blocks are bad about chain stretch even if you use a good chain. I pulled it back apart after 700 pretty hard miles to swap the cam and it looked just like the day I put it in. Sorry I don't know the part # but if you go to www.manciniracing.com I'm sure you can find the part # there.

-
Back