It's Finally Home

-

moparsince60

Reaction score
I've owned this 1971 Demon 340 since 1979 and after 44 years, it's home with the paint and body restoration. I'm truly blessed.

MyDemon340_0001.jpg

MyDemon340_0002.jpg

MyDemon340_0033.jpg

MyDemon340_0036.jpg

MyDemon340_0908.jpg

MyDemon340_0917.jpg

MyDemon340_0922.jpg

I am a sucker for Demons. Looks great. Can't wait to see what you do with it from here.

Hello Moparsince1960 , My brother owned a 1971 Demon 340 3 speed car that was b5 blue with a white vinyl top that he sold in the late 1970 s out of Aberdeen Maryland. Just wondering if this could be the car.

Welcome!

Where was it for 44 years? Or when was it last on the road and what prompted you to get it restored after all these years?

I just love it when people keep it by the codes...and yes even plaid/houndstooth interior ....keep it with the build sheet...if you wanna have top notch 100 point

Looks great, tell us your plans from here on......
It's a numbers matching factory a/c car so it will be built stock. The only modifications will be the factory chrome round head mirrors only because you can't see out the factory race mirrors. It did not come with a scooped hood option and I'm adding that with hood pins. Thanks coloradohill

44 years in the bodyshop! I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pics !!
I bought it in February of 1979. Starting in 1990, it sat at three different body shops, the fourth one installed the quarters, straightened the right front frame rail, he heater a/c box, the fuel tank and lines, the wiper system and the brakes. He did that work in five years and then didn't touch it for two years. The fifth one did the great job you see here. The vinyl top was installed by Lehman's Upholstery in Wadsworth, Ohio. And yes it does look just as good in person as it does in the pictures. Thanks RAT ROD AL.

Hello Moparsince1960 , My brother owned a 1971 Demon 340 3 speed car that was b5 blue with a white vinyl top that he sold in the late 1970 s out of Aberdeen Maryland. Just wondering if this could be the car.
I bought the car in Columbus, Ohio in 1979. It's an automatic on the column, and has bench seats with the houndstooth cloth interior. Thanks Tom R.

Welcome!

Where was it for 44 years? Or when was it last on the road and what prompted you to get it restored after all these years?
I drove it off and on through 1988. From then on it just sat at several body shops until the fourh one did quite a bit of work and it was the fifth one that got the paint and body work done in eight months. I always wanted a muscle car. I came across this one a fellow technician was going to fix up for his wife. He found a 1972 Challenger Rallye a little later and put the Demon 340 up for sale. I paid $250.00 for it. It was in very bad shape as you can see in the pictures. I wanted to save it before someone would yank the engine out and scrap the body. And now after all these years, it will be getting the respect it always deserved. Thank you H22A4.

I just love it when people keep it by the codes...and yes even plaid/houndstooth interior ....keep it with the build sheet...if you wanna have top notch 100 point
Thanks again Mtrhead. The only real modification it will have is I had Retro Radio out of Pennsylvania rebuild the radio to have Am and FM and added bluetooth. The face of the radio wasn't touched. But I will be changing a couple things. I will be adding the factory scooped hood with the hood pins and blackout treatment and I'll be going with the factory style round headed chrome exterior mirrors.

Very nice to have it back! I know you are happy. Really cool history you're sharing here. Thanks for that.

Thank you 71GSSDemon. I can't wait to see what you do with yours too.
Here is mine. It sat in a barn for 34 years. Thankfully I didn't need to touch the paint (except the hood) or the interior. It has all been mechanical.

20230604_173834.jpg

-
Back