It's just getting funny at this point... *sarcasm*

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I had a rage filled rant a few weeks ago about being frustrated with my 12 year project. I took some time, bought a few small parts, and decided to tackle an easy project today: install an Edelbrock hard line on the Edelbrock Carb. Easy, right? Well, the Edelbrock Performer intake has a riser for a factory heat choke that hits the line. I can't win!

Attachments

• edelbrock.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 271
Maybe it goes over the top?
but that might hit the air cleaner then.
what carb is that factory style?

I had a rage filled rant a few weeks ago about being frustrated with my 12 year project. I took some time, bought a few small parts, and decided to tackle an easy project today: install an Edelbrock hard line on the Edelbrock Carb. Easy, right? Well, the Edelbrock Performer intake has a riser for a factory heat choke that hits the line. I can't win!

Yeah, it would hit the carb.. It's all Edelbrock. Carb is a Performer Series, as is the intake. The line is made for the carb. I guess they assume if you buy the low end Performer intake, you are just using rubber hose.

I thought about maybe running a carb spacer, but I think I'd have to trim the hood to get the air cleaner to fit. I guess I'll have to grind off the heat choke riser on the intake, which means I'll have to pull the intake off, which means buying new intake gaskets. $$$

Yeah, it would hit the carb.. It's all Edelbrock. Carb is a Performer Series, as is the intake. The line is made for the carb. I guess they assume if you buy the low end Performer intake, you are just using rubber hose.

I thought about maybe running a carb spacer, but I think I'd have to trim the hood to get the air cleaner to fit. I guess I'll have to grind off the heat choke riser on the intake, which means I'll have to pull the intake off, which means buying new intake gaskets. $$$
can u try a spacer under the carb?----------------------bob

can u try a spacer under the carb?-------maybe bend the line a little---------------bob

Can you grind the heat riser just enough for clearance, without taking the intake off?

Judge,
I remember that exact same problem on my build, also using an Eddy carb and Performer intake. And I had already had the intake powder coated...
IIRC, I used a rol loc disc on my angle grinder and took a little off the top so it would fit.
Keep your eye on the goal, it is worth it!
C

Possibly. I was worried shavings would go everywhere. Would you just use a regular grinder?

You can always use your shop vac and place the hose where you are grinding to catch the shavings. A dremel or like clhyer suggested a rol loc disc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this problem. I was thinking I was just cursed! Thanks.

Judge,
I remember that exact same problem on my build, also using an Eddy carb and Performer intake. And I had already had the intake powder coated...
IIRC, I used a rol loc disc on my angle grinder and took a little off the top so it would fit.
Keep your eye on the goal, it is worth it!
C

Ah, just put a scoop on it! Lol that line can be bent to clear if your ginger with it.

Bail on the banjo fitting line. I hate those things. They never go where you want them to go. Go to Napa, buy a metal line that will fit, trim it to length with a tubing cutter, bend it however you want it routed, throw your fuel filter on it and make it do what you want it to do, rather than just doing whatever that l90 banjo will do.

Took the grinder to the heat riser. Success! Thanks for the kick in the butt, guys. I needed it.

Attachments

• edel.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 78
-
Back