It's not an A body but...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And yes I drove it to the yard, expired stickers and all!!! BUT, the insurance is active. Ran and drove fine 47 miles without an issue. :glasses7:
View attachment 1968 Fury 2.jpg

View attachment 1968 Fury 1.jpg
Runs pretty good, all stock 230 h.p. 318 auto. Brakes suck! Got a couple cancer spots but I got other things I gotta get done "around the house" before I spend any more coin on it. Front and rear seats already re upholstered. Not a perfect match to the factory color but it's close.

He can keep "Dusty" company for the time being.

edit: Wipers don't work and neither does the dome light... eh, I'll deal with that at a later date.

Nice..,M/T...This one a keeper? Sure like that style,in a two door hardtop.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna keep it. I sold the 1972 Satellite, was past the dollar amount I was willing to spend to resurrect it. Still hot for a 1970 Satellite though.

Edit: and I'm REALLY hot for a 69-70-71 New Yorker 4 door.

That needs a 800 horse Hemi and the pro street treatment.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna keep it. I sold the 1972 Satellite, was past the dollar amount I was willing to spend to resurrect it. Still hot for a 1970 Satellite though.

Edit: and I'm REALLY hot for a 69-70-71 New Yorker 4 door.

I'll keep an eye out,for a mafia staff car.... (Paint it black,tint the windows... be a heckuva ride, for a Senator, lol..)

That's a nice big 'ol boat...

Minor repairs, you'll get them done...

The guys over on "C" Bodies will now be your friends. "C's",They are great road cars.

It's a twin to my 2nd '68 Fury III. The first one...a baby blue...I bought brand new, and it was arguably the best car I ever owned. When I traded it in for a '75 Valiant, I missed it so much, I bought your twin and drove it for several years. My daughter eventually got it as her first car.

My twin had a green interior...what color is yours?

they is big - buddy of mine recently sold a 65 Fury III - 440 - rode in it, drove it - kick *** ride but God - so big - a ride like a puffy cloud - looks like you got a good one there!

In alternate universe yeah! I wish!

Sell that dang rollback over there. You can do it.

You OWN a towing service and caint build a pro street car? Seriously? You should see some of the stuff one of our local towing company owners has. Must pay more around here.

It's green as well, I'll take a picture of the newly upholstered seats when I get back from off the road.

Wouldn't be surprised if the one I had was still running, but it was in the Seattle area last I knew. If you find any stickers or other indication that it was ever in Washington, let me know!

Sell that dang rollback over there. You can do it.
Uh... NO! it's not for sale. That truck is the lead unit for my Nixon yard. I don't have any "junker" towing units in my possession. All are in operation.

You OWN a towing service and cant build a pro street car? Seriously? You should see some of the stuff one of our local towing company owners has. Must pay more around here.
??? I actually don't want a Pro Street car, BTDT about 16 years ago. My cars don't make me money, my trucks make me money and I tend to put the bulk of my small profit (thanks TDLR! :violent1:) back into building my business. I have a $660,000 rotator I'm in the planning stages of plus another location about 50 miles southeast of here. Priorities. When you have a truck coming that's almost $11,000 a month just on the payment itself (no insurance, driver, diesel, maintenance) you need to keep your head and eyes forward. And I'm quite sure the scale of pay is different as it differs across the globe. To what degree up or down now that I wouldn't know.

Wouldn't be surprised if the one I had was still running, but it was in the Seattle area last I knew. If you find any stickers or other indication that it was ever in Washington, let me know!

I found it in Sabinal Texas (on a humbug!), bought originally from a Chrysler dealer in San Antonio.

??? I actually don't want a Pro Street car, BTDT about 16 years ago. My cars don't make me money, my trucks make me money and I tend to put the bulk of my small profit (thanks TDLR! :violent1:) back into building my business. I have a $660,000 rotator I'm in the planning stages of plus another location about 50 miles southeast of here. Priorities. When you have a truck coming that's almost $11,000 a month just on the payment itself (no insurance, driver, diesel, maintenance) you need to keep your head and eyes forward. And I'm quite sure the scale of pay is different as it differs across the globe. To what degree up or down now that I wouldn't know.

Yeah the guy I was talkin about just got the first rotator in middle Georgia. Those things are badass.

Cool car! I'm kind of partial to gold 68 Fury IIIs though...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 143
-
Back