Its painted

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Yes its painted and home in the shelter,got it in at 530 tonight,and the first thing i did was install the grill looks marvey.the paint and clear flowed on perfect no runs or peel.looks fairly stright you have to look real hard to see the odd inperfection in all lookssssssssss fine.Now i will be busy for the next 5 mounths.Here are a few pics.

100_1637.jpg

100_1642.jpg

100_1646.jpg

100_1648.jpg

100_1645.jpg

100_1649.jpg

Looks awsome Snake.. B5 blue right? thats the color mine will eventually be (hopefully I will be young enough still to enjoy it at the rate I am going LOL) .. only thing I am doing differant is a black tail stripe. I originally wanted a white one, but my girlfriend wanted black.. its the only request she made, so I couldnt say no hehe... Cant wait to see pics when you get her back together

Bill..

My 68 came with black paint behind the grille...... I bet yours did also...
l_927117dafc704caaa7fe9c59173c2519.jpg

it will look good either way.. I have been trying to figure that behind the grill thing out.. I have seen some that came from the factory without being blacked out and seen lots that have.. I blacked mine out.. but I think thats just a matter of personal preference.. Since I blacked out most of the grill (another personal preference touch) I needed to black out behind it.. Are you gonna have your grill done in the original black and argent look?

speedracerX I did go with the black out grill I did that on my last Dart and always like it.mgunar I had no idea they came black out behind the grill from the factory thants for the info.still i will keep it blue.the colour is 2005 mini cooper electric blue paint coad 870.My last Dart was b5 blue so wanted a little different it also had a black stripe

Damn I love blue darts. that babydoll looks great.5 months,god i wish i had your energy. im on my second year lol. Dont change the wheels,those old keystones look great.old school wheels rule. Heres my coronet with vintage american racing coke bottles

66painted008.jpg

That blue definitly is pretty... when done mine will be B5, black stripe, black vinyl, and hot rod black hood (since I am putting a prostock style hood scoop on)

This was mine before the stripe. I went with a black hood just for a change. I did put the white stripe on later. Have fun assembling. What a great thing to do for the winter. I am rebuilding my motor this winter. good luck and nice ride.

dart07 003.jpg

Very cool. I'm jealous! That thing is SWEET!

Blackout behind the grille was pretty standard on all cars that weren't dark in color.

Awsome! I'm kinda picturing the wheels with some gunmetal grey on the spokes

Outstanding results Snake!!! You should be very proud! I've tried to reply twice and just have to keep going back up there to look at it again.

If you have any paint left over, send me a little dab on a piece of scrap metal for a powder match on those accessories. :-D

VERY NICE!!!

Looks AWESOME snake!! What a great feeling isnt it? Now the real work begins lol

-
Back