its still out there....

-

oldcarnut

Reaction score
im pretty happy , eating lunch & looking @ craigslist & found this for $250 , there are no cracks & nothing missing , made my day! hit the ground running, 4 hours later now its happy on my bench!

Attachments

• grille 032.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 332
it gets better , got this for $350 , 4sp car , 8.75 , hardly any rust , clear title. pretty cool .

Attachments

• carstuff 148.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 318
  • carstuff 149.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 303
im really thankful for being able to find stuff like this , when i first found this site i was doing a 71 340 duster clone & a few others have passed thru my hands as well since then , not by choice but by need , its funny time goes by & it seems like the cars vanish & then re appear . im hoping that ill be able to hold on to the two ive got & be able to enjoy them & build memories for my kids like the ones i enjoy.

i think varlo was checking that grill out on craigslist, what state did it come from

im in oklahoma (tulsa area), it was okc craigslist . its funny because the same guy has a 67 383 s fastback , $8500 , 70 duster 318 3spd sharktooth $3000, 71 demon sizzler 318 auto ( not for sale) & a bunch of other parts , i was just about to ask if he had any a body 4 speeds & i just about tripped over one in his yard , im hoping he will sell it to me. he was really cool . i called on tuesday & asked if he could hold it for me(the grille) & he said first come first serve but after the 6th call he got from me i think he figured out i was serious & said hed hold it till i got there. pretty neat

thats the one joe showed me was a good deal and wanted to buy it.... but guy said local pick up only, he called this morning and said it was sold. small world

i knew it would sell fast , its weird though because hes got the cars priced kinda high( for me anyway) , he kept apologizing that it was dirty & needed to be painted , really nice guy , was a nice experience.

The only way I'd buy that cuda would be if he gave me the 68, 69 k member and corresponding linkage and the 73, 74 control arms and disc brakes Even then the most I'd pay is 7k and there is no rust on the car what's so ever. Besides I'd put a 440 in it anyway and call it done.
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/2102314692.html

Then why not make him an offer for that grill?

sorry varlo (not really :) ) & its not for sale! the 67 is complete minus motor , all matching #s , correct manifolds, console , buckets w/ headrest option, etc , hes had the car since 71'. super easy guy to deal with.

sorry varlo (not really :) ) & its not for sale! the 67 is complete minus motor , all matching #s , correct manifolds, console , buckets w/ headrest option, etc , hes had the car since 71'. super easy guy to deal with.

Not trying to sound like an *** here (so don't take it that way), how can the car be all numbers matching if it don't have its original motor?

Nice ! I am glad you picked that grill up !

There is still piles of this stuff out there.... just needs to be brought to the surface.

-RPM

What a great buy, congratulations :cheers::cheers:

70 duster , i think what i meant by matching #'s is that all the hard to find components are still with the car . the original motor was blown up before the current owner got the car in 1971 so you know this thing had been driven hard. a 67 383 formula s is an extremely rare car to begin with. unfortunately to restore it to original condition would be a small fortune & i mean to do it right not just a throw together job , bodywork,paint , chrome , plastics , mechanicals on top of the $8500 asking price you could have 30-40 k into it & youd be lucky to get that @ barret jerkson. its pretty cool to see rare stuff, i got there & it was already dark out , i did bring my camera but it was just too dark.i was just glad to be there with cash in hand for the grille. definetly time warp prices.

-
Back