Its Time

-

moparjunkie

Reaction score
first time down the track on sat ,iys been awile about 7 years since but im nervous exicted hoping for some 11 sec passes should not be a problem but its been awile lol ill post some num sat night hers a pix of my car

Picture003.jpg

well its a 340 30 over 12/5 pistons mildly worked x heads 295-307-at 565 cam tti headers cope 3500 stall 489 gear 14- 32 tires car weighs 2900lbs with me thanks for asking little nos if needed as well

moparjunkie said:
first time down the track on sat ,iys been awile about 7 years since but im nervous exicted hoping for some 11 sec passes should not be a problem but its been awile lol ill post some num sat night hers a pix of my car
I see the problem. #-o
He didn't specify what Saturday night.

sorry it took so long but good news did not break anything, now the bad news 60 foot was horrible ,2.02 was the best pathetic, i feel the converter is to tight i need bigger ,also some humer the carb only open 3/4 throttle and still went 115mph short shifting happy with the mph it will be better as will the 60 foots but it was a great day man it felt nice going down the track again i did figure out the car to be shifted at 6600 rpm and likes 34 degrees of timing so ill get the 60s figured out and try again wish me luck

moparjunkie said:
sorry it took so long but good news did not break anything, now the bad news 60 foot was horrible ,2.02 was the best pathetic, i feel the converter is to tight i need bigger ,also some humer the carb only open 3/4 throttle and still went 115mph short shifting happy with the mph it will be better as will the 60 foots but it was a great day man it felt nice going down the track again i did figure out the car to be shifted at 6600 rpm and likes 34 degrees of timing so ill get the 60s figured out and try again wish me luck
It's always a good day if you don't break anything.
Breaking things seems to be my trade mark.
Was it spinning off the line?
With the 115 mph what was the 1/4 time?
Fix that throttle and have at it again.
A day at the Drags is better than a day at..............

1/4 time was 12.62 lol i raced my bud and he went 116mph and went 11.70 flat so 11 our there if i can 60 ft yeah i was spinning but that carb really gave us problems loaded up alot coming out of the burn out the car loaded up so bad it would stall on me im going to be patient im sure my driving will get better as well

-
Back