Ive been viewing a wile, but finally made an account

-

Blaine Davis

Reaction score
I figured i should do the proper thing and introduce myself, im a welder/fabricator with lots of experience in old Volkswagen repair, "doesn't help much here i know" but the ideas and skills translate, for my own cars ive got a 1973, 340 4-speed dart sport and an absolute dumpster fire of a 74 Plymouth duster, the Dart sport is my main project getting mini tubed and full AMD quarters, ive been taking pictures of all the metal work i do so if anyone is thinking of doing the same i can shed some wisdom

Welcome! Post some pics! And there is LOTS of Goof People, with Great info here!
Thats for sure, i started reading post on here when i got my Duster around 6ish years ago and everyone is super helpful, and heres some pictures of my current project, excuse the mess

IMG_20211015_175836011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211013_144320022_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210924_134841519_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210928_162453678_HDR.jpg

Thanks, its getting there, ive been trying to make the mini tub as least noticable as possible and thats whats really been slowing me down
A friend of mine is a master collision tech at Caddy in Tampa. He's done a few. You really can't tell except for the tire tuck. Even looks stock in the trunk, just wider.

Welcome aboard looks like you got a great start on your project! That's some major surgery right there! I feel your pain im in the rust belt as well!

Welcome aboard looks like you got a great start on your project! That's some major surgery right there! I feel your pain im in the rust belt as well!
Thanks, luckily this car was garage kept for a long time before i bought it so the rust is just in the quarter and outer wheelhouses, a fair bit of crash damage though

Looking good I see you are doing a fine job and lots of us bodymen and painters here to help if you need us.
I just picked up a 73 VW Bug that I'm going to restore so might need some of your wisdom on fixing it.
Glad to have you here and looking forward in seeing your car finished.

Looking good I see you are doing a fine job and lots of us bodymen and painters here to help if you need us.
I just picked up a 73 VW Bug that I'm going to restore so might need some of your wisdom on fixing it.
Glad to have you here and looking forward in seeing your car finished.
Thank you and i all ready have a question or two to ask soon lol, and i would be happy to help out anyway with your bug, there pretty simple cars and built well too, ive done just about every metal repair imaginable to bugs, split busses, and type 181s "things". If you need certain repair panels i can point you in the right direction as to who makes what that actually fits, i can show some of the cars ive built but im not sure if non-Mopars are allowed

Thank you and i all ready have a question or two to ask soon lol, and i would be happy to help out anyway with your bug, there pretty simple cars and built well too, ive done just about every metal repair imaginable to bugs, split busses, and type 181s "things". If you need certain repair panels i can point you in the right direction as to who makes what that actually fits, i can show some of the cars ive built but im not sure if non-Mopars are allowed
We don't care at least some of us about posting pictures of non Mopar and you won't get in trouble. Would love to see your VW portfolio or any car you built so please do.

As so many have already said welcome, and this sight is by gearheads for gearheads! Heck we have even seen pix of planes being rolled into shops, dogs cats and everything in between. Great looking car and you have made huge progress!

-
Back