IVR

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Someone here in the past mentioned that the new solid state IVR didn't work as well as an orginal. I don't remember who. I had replaced my circuit boards because of a missing pin. The new circuit board came with a new solid state IVR. My fuel gauge was always lazy, I have a reconditioned orginal fuel sender. So I removed the solid state IVR and installed my old one. My fuel gauge now responds immediately and is accurate. Great tip.

My fuel gauge was always lazy, I have a reconditioned orginal fuel sender. So I removed the solid state IVR and installed my old one. My fuel gauge now responds immediately and is accurate. Great tip
The realtime engineering IVR mimicks the OEM electro mechanical IVR.

At initial startup the IVR gives a full 12v to the gauges for a few seconds, this causes them to respond faster.

After that the IVR works as expected, a square wave up to about 6v then to 0 and back again.

Some cheap electronic IVRs only provide a steady 5-6 volts continuous.

I fried my fuel gauge due to a failed electro mechanical OEM IVR.

I bought the real time engineering IVR, it has built in fail protection.

MOPAR Products

Agree with Dana. Yes, some of the cheaper electronic IVRs are "lazy", but they do work. If you want instantaneous readings, go with the RTE IVR. I'd never put together a cluster with the mechanical regulator anymore, not worth risking increasingly rarer original or increasingly more expensive reproduction clusters. They worked in their day, but the first time you have to tear your dash apart again or replace a gauge, you'll be cussing yourself out for not doing it the first time.

-
Back