Jack Restoration Help??

-

67ragtop

Reaction score
How did you guys/gals restore your jacks in your cars. Did anyone send them out to have them powder coated? Where did you order the paint and what is correct colors for a 1967 barracuda?

My 68 jack had a thick gloss black paint. I repainted all the black with a thick coat of Rustoleum gloss black.

These were never very nicely finished, even when new. Not sure if i have the right jack handle.

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

The jack goes up and down on the silver part. Any paint or anything would simply rub off as it was used.

Does anyone know whether this type of jack is factory correct for a '63 Val ???(sorry - not meaning to hijack this thread).
Gary

For the silver part I just scrubbed it with Dawn dish soap and a white scotch brite pad (Really, I just took the scrubber sponge out of the kitchen sink..... The wife still doesn't know what happened to it).

This cleaned it up fairly well without scratching. It still has a little surface rust (you can see it in one of the pics). I could get that off too, but as it is, the jack matches the overall look of the rest of the car, and that's what I'm after.

-
Back