Jacking Instructions

-
Mine is in the middle of the trunk lid. It looks like some one just slapped it up there. It is not strate or anything like it rolled down the line at the plant and some one just grabed it and put it on realy fast I can try to get you a PIC when I get home if you want.

Here it is.

100_6106.jpg

100_6107.jpg

That is one of those looser stickers. When I researched this I found they could be placed almost anywhere. Keep in mind most people are right handed and it most likely was on the center or passinger side.

I don't think so. Every car may be a little different. I think some one at the factory slaps it on there as the car's roll out.

My 68 Dart and Barracuda were both on the left upper side of the trunk lid when opened and neither were entirely flat. I `ve heard people say that they tend to be on the side that the jack is stored on???? I`ve seen nothing to support that, I think they just were put on wherever they landed that day.

The person who placed the one on my duster must have had OCD, it's perfectly centered and perfectly upright.
I remember the one on my 72 Swinger was crooked and actually went up one of the stiffining ribs.

Here's mine on a 73 assembled at the Windsor plant. The instructions may be like some other things that vary from plant to plant.

Evidently when the Demon :snakeman: was repainted in its previous life, the jacking instructions in the trunk were casulties.

IMG_5060s.jpg

Mopar did put out specific intructions as to the location of all decals on each model. As you probably know, not everybody followed the instructions........
Ever see a VIN plate mounted up-side-down??

-
Back