Jakes65's upgrades coming

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So Jake's 65 has been on the road for a year and a half, high school ended last June, he now has an 02 Ram as a daily driver, he's working full time and his 65 Bcuda has become his toy/weekend/occasional drive to work fun machine. All that being said - the bug has bitten and he picked up a very low mileage 73 360 and matching 727. He's going to stroke the 360 and we are going to shoe-horn the 727 under his car. I know we'll have to "massage" the seam where the tunnel meets the firewall, and that his speedo cable won't match up and his factory floor shifter will need a retro cable to operate the newer trans. Other than maybe some trans mount fab work and a new drive shaft because we are going from the flange type (did the b/t conversion on the current drive shaft) to a slip yoke, what else should we plan for with the trans fitment?

Maybe pop in a 8.25 rear axle and upgrade the front brakes so all 4 corners are the big bolt pattern.

:happy1:

We did an 8-3/4 swap when we built the whole car - so we are good there. Currently 3.23's that may grow to 3.55's We also did the scarebird brakes up front as well when we built the car. He likes the rallyes and may buy a pair of 15x7 wheel vintiques rallyes for the rear.

Well I guess you have it all planned out.:cheers: A well built 904 would fit right in with no mods and some here would argue its just as strong as, and lighter than, a 727. Are you and Jake making it to Carlisle again this year?

We did an 8-3/4 swap when we built the whole car - so we are good there. Currently 3.23's that may grow to 3.55's We also did the scarebird brakes up front as well when we built the car. He likes the rallyes and may buy a pair of 15x7 wheel vintiques rallyes for the rear.

With school getting out a few days later this year and how the 4th of July ties into my vacation pick, we'll be on our way home from 2 weeks in Disney while Carlisle is happening. So we will miss it this year. We'll see ya next year Roger.

Ah - the 904/727 debate..... It comes down to personal preference, and what I have in the shed, in the end. His current 904 is pretty solid, but he'd have to get a torque converter built to make the 65 trans work behind the 360. I've got a late model 904 in the shed we could build, but would still need a tq, retro shifter cable and a slip yoke drive shaft. Or make the 727 fit - rebuild as we would the 904, same shift cable and driveshaft needs, but no need to buy a torque converter as I have a 2800 stall for a 360 in the shed.

Update - trans will be assembled by this weekend. All his engine parts come home from the machine shop Tuesday afternoon. I berthed the Fury outside and set up 2 tables for the new parts to spread out and be organized during the build.... It's a coming.....

-
Back