japan affecting us carmakers

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
heard on the news this morning that GM will have to slow down production because of all the parts they use from japan in their car manufacturing, then the mailman tells me he heard that Ford has told their dealers to stop taking orders for red and black cars because the paint pigment comes from japan. anyone hear any other such stories? wish we could stop depending on others here.

I think he means the United States depending on Japan
yeah, thats what i meant. japan and china and everyone that jacks up oil prices in the mid east. sure wasnt talking about this site, i depend on advice from you guys and gals.

i work on forklifts,road service techician,on place i go to is a import-export division of toyota automotive,many parts for toyota cars & trucks are made hear,camshafts etc. sent to japan to be assable .most toyota cars & trucks are assable in us .all there forklifts and many parts are made in columbus in.

I've Heard about automotive electronics made in Japan,( ie; radios, pcm's, gps units, various sensors, overhead widgits and all that other silly crap that the Mad Mothers of America can't live without or what the government and manufactures have stuffed into cars today) ,...already in short supply,...some ricer plants have cut the Saturday and OT shifts...

-
Back